1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

~ OFFICIAL 2015 TSF.COM FANTASY DRAFT STEELERS VOTING & DISCUSSION ~

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by gpguy, Mar 8, 2015.

1. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Sonofa...

2. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    I like yeldon, but with the Williams signing, we can wait for another rb...
    the more I check the current picks, the more my jaw hits the floor due to the player i'm about to vote for still being available

my vote goes for florida st. de Mario Edwards...... we need the depth and his ability is such that he could step in and start if anything happens to either heyward or tuitt (not to mention keeping cam Thomas on the bench or push him off the team)... total steal at this point in the draft

3. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I like Mario Edwards and OL Jeremiah Poutasi, but I will vote for Markus Golden OLB Missouri. Relentless motor guy and a double dip at the OLB spot is a good route imo.

4. Ben There

Ben There Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
  5. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
  6. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
  7. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    For those that want Edwards...I'm assuming it's as a 5 tech DE? He's more of a tweener for me.

8. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    Yeah, I'm not that crazy about Edwards. If I had to pick one I'd say Yeldon

9. kakhatesmortgages

kakhatesmortgages Well-Known Member

May 6, 2012
    Yeldon.

Im not so confident in Deangelo Williams, at this point in his career, being the next man up.

10. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeldon is a fumbler, can he correct that in the pros? I doubt MT would ever take him. I'd rather have Mike Davis in the next rd. Very good receiver out of the back field, good vision, can run you over and has good acceleration to burst through a hole. He is a similar style to Bell, which is what we need so we can keep our game plan intact.

Still debating on who to vote for, I'm thinking double dipping at CB here or maybe address the line with Donovan Smith.

11. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I wouldn't completely hate picking Yeldon, but he would not be my choice here. I like Donovan Smith, and I'll also throw the name Rashad Greene out there. The guy has stellar hands, runs good routes, is quick and slippery, and scores TDs. I think he's possibly the most underrated WR in this draft, and is excellent value at this spot.

All of that said, I'm going with a double dip at corner and taking Senquez Golson. He may never play a down as an outside corner, but he has all of the makings of a superb slot corner. You need a small, quick water bug to chase a small quick water bug, and Gholson's a water bug with a knack for turnovers (10 ints last year as a corner in the SEC).

12. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Even though this isnt the topic for it.,..but since the convo is here I'll post it here...

Denver is yours then...

13. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    This one will be the toughest/closest yet. We might even need to continue it until tomorrow (why not this is a STEELERS MB haha).

I think this pick definitely needs to be someone who can contribute sooner the better. Maybe the double dip at CB/OLB...not many other spots can someone contribute quicker at, haha.

14. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    Who is the best OL left available?

15. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    We'll continue into sunday (ill be away part of the day...but lets just let it go a bit and see what happens when i get home)

16. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
  17. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    The answer is certainly subjective as some folks will have differing views, However for me the best remaining O lineman is Donovan Smith from Penn State.

18. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Ok cool ty and sorry for posting in the wrong spot.

19. centralpa007

centralpa007 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    My choice would be Donovan smith OL

20. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012

I totally agree and I do not mean any disrespect to the people who want Yeldon but I feel that here in the 3rd with all our glaring needs we need to focus on them instead of a player who after week 3 or 4 when Bell comes back may not even be active on game day. Also the depth at the RB position that is still out there, guys like: Langford, Davis, Cobb, Payne and Jones we could get pretty much the same valve later on.

I am thinking we need to fix the pass D and if that means going for another pass rusher or CB I am good with that right here and like I said before my vote was for the ball hawker Holliman. I am also very open to add more weapons at WR since the NFL is becoming so pass happy. We have a powerful offense we might as well keep it that way. AB, Bryant and Wheaton are pretty solid and add another WR here only helps that group.

21. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    :applaud:

22. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Derron Smith, S, Fresno State.

Other ones I like are Henderson DE, Hodges OLB, Yeldon, and a few OL.

Cajun

23. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    As I head out for a while here are the standings:

D Smith OL - 1
    D Smith S - 1
    M. Golden OLB - 1
    M Edwards DE - 2
    Yeldon - 3
    S Golson CB - 3

Like I said we'll let this run throughout most of today while I'm gone and see what happens! Thanks!

24. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    This is a tough one, I'm so close to going with Donovan Smith but my gut is telling me Golson.

So I'm throwing my hat in for:

Senquez Golson, CB, Ole Miss

Guy is a turnover machine, Lord knows we need that, has some really nice traits.

25. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Senquez Golston, CB, although I'm hoping we can get him in the 5th.