1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

~ OFFICIAL 2015 TSF.COM FANTASY DRAFT STEELERS VOTING & DISCUSSION ~

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by gpguy, Mar 8, 2015.

1. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
  2. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Clive Walford TE Miami

3. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

I don't think he fits schematically.

4. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    I don't like any of the remaining corners value wise, but I also believe we can't wait past this rd. to get one, since the value prospects in the 3rd rd. will most likely be gone by the time we pick again... I like Rowe, but believe we need more of a ball hawk at the position... Rowe's hands remind me of Ike Taylor 2.0

i'm throwing my vote in for ohio st. cb Doran Grant

5. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    If we truly need to replace Troy, we need a safety with incredible speed, size, and an attitude. Along with the idea of BPA, I vote for Shaq Thomson. Highest rated player, position of need, incredible athelete. Our old defense worked because of Troy's incredible athletic ability. Shaq has the measurables to replace him.
    -edit- no one can replace troy. but Shaq would give us that athletic safety to builld our defense around.

6. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    This is cool. The first round pick was a runaway, but this time we've got some differing opinions. this one may go down to the wire.

7. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Some interesting choices but none able to sway me from Rowe, I don't think its a reach for him and believe he will go in the 2nd in the real draft. TJ gave me pause but there are still some good RB's to be had in 3 & 4, I don't think we can keep repeating the past and waiting for 4th or 5th to draft a CB.

My vote, Eric Rowe, Utah.

(He can also play safety, nice bonus)

8. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    I have no idea...first i thought Carter might be here and he could be a solid pick...but he was just taken.

RB in the 2nd round is too much of a luxury at this point and one can be picked later on (especially when them signing Williams).

While Shaq could be a solid pick...I'd like to see what Shamarko can do before spending a high pick to fill that spot.

CB I think will continue to drop off the further through the draft we get...

Another name to throw out there is Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, CB, Oregon...

Now obviously yes he was injured...but he was a 1st rounder before...now he could be there in the 3rd who knows.

Also as someone mentioned theres...

Clive Walford, TE, Miami

Could be more of a luxury pick...but at the same time Heath is on the downside of his career.

Theres others I'm sure....but just throwing a few names out there.

My vote will probably go to a CB when its all said and done though....so Ifo for the hell of it.

9. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
  10. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    I'll cast my vote for Clive Walford, TE (Miami). We don't usually draft one side of the ball with our top 2 picks, and Walford would be a very good addition for us. Don't really like the DB's available, and could draft a similar caliber player with our third round pick at that position. I'm not ready to draft DL or RB yet, although Yeldon is intriguing. Also considered Shaq Thompson, S (Washington).

11. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I'll vote for Rowe out of Utah. Walford is a very close second.

12. kakhatesmortgages

kakhatesmortgages Well-Known Member

May 6, 2012
    Ill vote Clive Walford. The red zone was the one place we struggled on offense last year. He would give Ben another big red zone target and eventually replace Heath. Shaq is a close second...

13. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, CB, Oregon

He gets my vote. Only reason he's here is because of his injury. Youth and modern rehab make it nearly a non-issue. Clear 1st round talent on the board at a position of absolute (and conceivably our only true) need. I don't care if he's "only" ~60" tall, he can cover and make plays.

14. kakhatesmortgages

kakhatesmortgages Well-Known Member

May 6, 2012
    I was hoping Ekpre-Olomu would be there in the 3rd....

15. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    In reality, I'd need my doctor to check him out. If he can recover, he could be a steal. Right now the Miami TE and Utah DB are in the lead, but I admire your willingness to throw out a new name at this stage, and I'm jumping in.

Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, CB, Oregon

One point in Ifo's favor: How likely is it a Steelers' rookie CB will contribute in the first half of the season anyway? Especially one taken after the first round?

16. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    I'm getting ready to head out for dinner...and this is a heated one...we might let this one go until the nightly cutoff (or a little before)...for those wondering here are the current standings

Rowe - 5
    Walford - 3
    Ifo - 2
    Shaq - 2
    Yeldon - 1
    Grant 1

17. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    Add my vote for Rowe, but I'm praying Ifo will be there in the third for us.

18. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    Even if we took Rowe, if Ifo is there in the 3rd, I take him too!

19. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I'd be thrilled to land Ifo in the 3rd, I just don't see it happening. I think in the real draft he's gone in the back half of the 2nd.

20. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    I really liked the Williams signing. He'll definitely help us but he's on the wrong side of 30 and has battled injuries. In two years he'll be gone and Bell will be pushing FA. Yeldon is too much talent to let go.

Cajun

21. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    Me too, in fact if we can snag Ifo in the third and Ali Marpet in the fourth in our board draft, I'd be all for it.

22. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I agree that Williams isn't the long term back-up to Bell but this season with limited duty (hopefully), I believe he can stay healthy and do what's needed. There are some nice RB's in the mid-late rounds in this draft. Cobb, David Johnson, Langford come to mind.

I switched to Walford because if Heath were to go down I have no confidence in what's behind him to be effective in the red zone or 3rd and 5+ down and distances. Walford has nice upside and could develop into a very good TE, in my opinion.

23. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I wouldn't be surprised if he's picked at the end of the first.

24. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    I like David Johnson in middle rds. I also agree with on our TE situation. I don't like any TE before the 4 rd. The value just isn't there. If Heath went down it would be Spaeth and Blanchflower, I doubt Walford would see the field this year. Since that's the case I'd preferred Jesse James in the 4 th.

Cajun

25. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012

I think out of this group I would vote Rowe. With him and Dupree we draft our two biggest needs in the 1st two rounds.
    I also feel we can get James later who I like a little more then Walford. I think Ifo might slip until next round, not a Shaq fan and with Williams signed no need to go rb in round two.
    A few other names I was looking at are FS Prewitt but I like Holliman much better in round 3 or 4. Also Mauldin and Golden but I feel this is to high for these guys. I may even consider WR Lockett here, I like what this kid brings but he has to show more consistency.

Someone else has said this but I also don't like the way this draft is falling for us.