1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

~ OFFICIAL 2015 TSF.COM FANTASY DRAFT STEELERS VOTING & DISCUSSION ~

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by gpguy, Mar 8, 2015.

1. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Another RB that could be added is the kid from South Carolina, who's name escapes me at the moment. There's also Brown from Texas who is a workman like the Law Firm and fumbles once every 600 touches. lots and lots of RBs left, but only 1 excellent 5 tech. Anderson. A solid RB will be there later.

2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I disagree about RB's, I think Cobb is a cut above whats left, we want a good compliment to Bell, not another Harrison.

And you know how much I respect your evaluations but you don't get to speak on RB's, Mr Bell is nothing special :smiley1:

3. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    Whoah... He's not another Harrison, he's a 300 lb. 34 DE that Snack said looks like a young Aaron Smith.

And in my defense, the Bell that we drafted and the Bell of today are 2 very different looking players. Who would have guessed that he'd lose 20 lbs and gain all of that quickness? :razz: Seriously, who ever LOSES weight from college to NFL? It's so rare as to make Bell one in at least several hundred.

4. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    lol, Im just giving you a hard time :lolol:

5. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    At this point I really do not see the big need/etc for OL...while I'm sure at some point they might again try to give Munch a new toy I think they wait another round or so and get another guy like Johnson from last year.

I can see positions like RB, OLB, DL, TE and S addressed before the OL.

6. winggin

winggin Well-Blitzed Member

Oct 23, 2011
    The raiders kindly request that you stop looking at our board. Haha. I think DL is fine this year and RB is a bigger need at this point. I vote for Allen with Cobb a very close second. So close in fact a hooker and a bag of cocaine could be used to sway my vote.

7. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    I might be able to find you the hooker....

8. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    I think we may have to take this vote into tomorrow as nothing has really changed...seems like is another slow weekend (people enjoying the nice weather/etc).

We'll see how it looks come the end of the night and go from there though.

9. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    When this guy is a complete bust and out of the league, I want it on record I mostly said that because he's white and #91, as to not compromise my scouting integrity. Although there are some other things. He already plays LDE in a 3-4, and we're looking at him in the 4th. He plays smart and hard. It's possible. :smiley1:

10. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    Is it too soon for Davis Tull OLB from UT-Chatanooga?

11. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    Funny. I was watching his games yesterday AM, and trying to figure out what he's got. He utterly destroyed the RT from Tennessee, and would have probably had 5 sacks had the QB not been getting the ball out on less than a 3 count on almost every pass play. However, in the 2 games that I've watched he has only played left DE in a 4-3, so no work against left tackles and absolutely no dropping off of the line. I have no idea if he can play in space, and other than his size he looks like a true 4-3 end on the field. I need to watch the other game of his on draft breakdown, and then rewatch them all before I'll have a feel for what this kid can do, or if it's too soon to take him.

12. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Lots of good names being thrown out there, and I looked at Henry Anderson for a while, too. I have hope in Kruger and Hemmer, so I didn't vote for Anderson, but I'd be on board if he's it. Gpguy if you need a tie-breaker, I'll change my vote from Clark to Anderson if necessary.

13. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    I think I'm going to let this go until I hop on here Monday around lunch time or so and see where we stand.

GB if you wish to change your vote you can...up to you! :)

14. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    While the upside for Clark is there, I'm really suspect on his off the field issues, and wonder if he really has turned the corner.

As such, I think the safer pick here is Anderson, so that's who I'll go for.

15. chitown steeler3

chitown steeler3 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2013
  16. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    My vote...

Henry Anderson...DE, Sanford

The talent has indeed already fallen off at RB & WR, there's players left that can be complimentary but Henry will be pushing for a starting role in year 2 and the D-Line has no depth. In fact, if Shelton or Armstead are there in the 1st serious thought must be considered on pulling the trigger.

Cajun

17. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
  18. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Do we really want to go defense the first four rounds? I am thinking we need to go WR or TE and the reason I feel that was is we right now have already helped our defense in this draft why not make sure we keep our offense stacked up? You add a kid like Lippett or Kroft and not rush them in just like we did with Bryant and we help keep the O top notch. Today's NFL is all about offense and these two guys can help, jmo.

19. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Well...as of now we do have a clear cut winner finally. So i think I'm going to just call it now so we can get things moving again!

Results:

Clark OLB - 1
    Lippett WR - 1
    Allen RB - 2
    Cobb RB - 2

And the winner w/ 6 votes Anderson DE

20. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Don't hate the pick, depth is a need and hopefully hes as good as people here say.

I don't think its smart to ignore the offense though and don't believe there is any chance in hell they'd draft 4 defensive players with the first 4 picks in the real draft.

21. chitown steeler3

chitown steeler3 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2013

I agree BF that they won't do that but the value of Anderson here outweighs any offensive player left.

I didn't like the 2nd or 3rd round selection of ours in Rowe or Golson.

But that's why we do this in a committee correct? So many different opinions. rarely on the same page.

22. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Haven't watched any film on him but from what I read, I don't think his value is any greater here than that of several offensive positions we could have filled. Hell, one breakdown said he could be a tweener without an NFL position, not exactly a ringing endorsement.

Loved the first 3 picks, I can live with this one, my point had more to do with the side of the ball being drafted than the player himself, not wise to ignore one side of the ball for 4 picks.

23. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011
    Yep, which is why I was pounding the table for Yeldon in rd 3. He's a home run hitter and potential ST great asset and when teamed with Bell would create defensive matchup nightmares rarely seen. Fumbles is easy to fix, but that kind of pure raw talent is difficult to acquire.

Henderson is quite possibly the best value pick so far in this draft.

Cajun

24. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I don't agree with either, I think Cobb can give you what Yeldon can and think Rowe is the better value, won't be surprised to see a team take him in the 1st of the real draft.

25. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011
    No way Cobb offers what Yeldon does... Cobb will be a decent back for years, he'll grind out some yards and is a decent pass catcher but he will never be a break away threat like Yeldon !

i still have Rowe as a 3rd rder but I am seeing him mocked in some going in the 2nd. I like the guy, think he will be a good player, just not enough snaps at corner to warrant a 1st rd grade. I don't think he did the work for a 2nd rd grade either but his physical traits and experience at safety is what's pushing him up!!! I get wary when drafting on potential instead of skillset demonstrated consistantly .

cajun