1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

~ OFFICIAL 2014 TSF.COM FANTASY DRAFT STEELERS VOTING & DISCUSSION ~

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by gpguy, Mar 6, 2014.

1. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    Curious, what do you see in him TTF? A few of the sites I've been to have him rated as either a 7th rounder or undrafted. Position flexibility is nice, but I think there are better prospects out there versus a guy that isn't necesariliy stellar at any one position.

2. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    You would be correct. Missed that one. :thumbs_up:

3. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
  4. Ben There

Ben There Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Since good L.B.'s means so much to the Steeler D, I will go with Marcus Smith.

:steelflag:

5. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Just a quick update....we have 8 candidates with votes.

K'Deem Carey w/ 1
    OLB Trevor riley w/ 1
    OLB Carl Bradford w/ 1
    WR Josh Huff w/ 1
    OL Wesley Johnson w/ 1

WR Brandon Coleman with 2
    OT JaWaun James with 2
    OLB Marcus Smith with 4

So we do have a leader at this point.

6. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    I'll go with JuWaun James, OT Tennessee.

7. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Voting will be closed at 10pm Eastern tonight. If there is a tie...then there will be a quick re-vote between those 2.

8. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Ya know what? My vote goes for

Carl Bradford, LB, Arizona State :drinks:

In round 2 I didn't think he carried enough value compared to Tuitt or the receivers, and at this point I don't think any of the receivers have enough value compared to Bradford. It's less of a need than WR for sure in my mind, but I like what Bradford could bring to us. A lot of times "position flexibility" is code for "good backup, bad starter," but I think what I've read of Bradford's intangibles - his work ethic, leadership, intelligence, explosiveness, motor - is exactly the right thing to cancel that out. 3rd round is awfully high for a non-starter if we extend Worilds, but I think it's a position that could use more rotation, and both starters are known to get injured from time to time, and Carl seems like he could potentially back us up on the inside too, and I bet he'd make a great special teamer.

9. winggin

winggin Well-Blitzed Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Just to make thing interesting I"m going to vote here too.

10. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    a little less than an hour left...this is the closest vote so far.

11. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Really? Interesting. I haven't gone to draft sites in a long time, so maybe I'm off my mark, but I see him as a late 2nd early 3rd round talent. He displays good technique, great footwork, and position flexibility is a plus as well. He'd probably be best suited on the inside in the NFL. He only allowed 2 sacks in the two years he was at tackle. Managed Clowney pretty well last year for the most part, too.

[video=youtube;3Q2pcIQRhss]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Q2pcIQRhss[/video]

12. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    JaWaun James

Think he is the bet value out of the options presented. Except for Carey, would love to have him but thats more a luxury here then need.

13. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I hadn't had time to watch much of Wesley Johnson yet this offseason, but that was a pretty impressive tape against stout competition. Personally, that looked better than anything I had seen out of Jawaun James. I like James, but that tape of Johnson was far more impressive IMO.

14. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Voting is over

15. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Players with more than 1 vote:

WR Brandon Coleman with 2
    OLB Carl Bradford with 3
    OT JaWaun James with 4

OLB Marcus Smith with 4

So we have a tie between James and Smith...

Seeing how I haven't voted yet...I'll be the tie breaker...instead of wasting time doing a re-vote like I mentioned before...

While ideally I'd liked to have gotten a solid WR here. After looking into these guys (as far as where they rank/projected round/etc)...they are fairly even. So I will go with what I think the team needs. Between an OT and an OLB...based on what the team as now (well when this mock began)...I see LB as having the least amount of depth and is in need of a player that can step in to give the starters a rest or coming due to an injury.

So my vote and the winner is OLB Marcus Smith, Lousiville.

16. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Close vote. No love for the offensive side of the ball so far, I'll eat my hat if they go defense with the first 3 picks in May, no way do I think that happens.

17. kakhatesmortgages

kakhatesmortgages Well-Known Member

May 6, 2012
    Agreed. :confused:

18. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    In regards to gpguy:

[video=youtube_share;Ubw5N8iVDHI]http://youtu.be/Ubw5N8iVDHI[/video]

:lolol:

19. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011

Hahaha.

Hey I was going to flip a coin to make the pick...then I was like nah...people will probably complain....so I based on depth. The OL has more depth than LB right now so...yeah...haha.

20. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Agreed... And I've been picking defense. Still, you can't control how the draft unfolds, and as long as you're picking BPA at a position of need, you're doing well. I have a hard time forcing an inferior pick because I haven't gone offense yet.

21. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    I actually disagree,.... The Broncos had the best offense and the SB showed once again defense wins
    Championships.

Our offense should be playoff caliber now and our defense is in need of several position upgrades/additions.

I would be stoked if we drafted exactly like the TAG mock has gone for the 1st 3 eds.

Cajun

22. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Don't hold your breath. And if last pick were real, I'd be angry, feels like a forced pick for a need. JaWaun was much better value there, IMO.

23. kakhatesmortgages

kakhatesmortgages Well-Known Member

May 6, 2012
    I would jump off a tall building if we didn't get Ben any weapons in the first 3 rounds.

However, I do hope our draft ends up being mostly defense.

24. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    It's Steeler time again folks. Some notables remaining at positions where we could use help:

Devin Street - WR - Pitt
    Wesley Johnson - T/G - Vandy
    Justin Britt - G/T - Mizzou
    Christian Kirksey - LB - Iowa (would play inside for us)
    Jerick McKinnon - RB - Georgia Southern (42 career TDs and insane combine numbers - 83.5 explosion index)
    Michael Schofield - T - Michigan (not spectacular, but I could see him as a 10 year NFL starter at RT)

As I go through my lists, there are so many others. Those are a few that popped onto my radar. I really like some of the remaining offensive linemen, but there are a lot of them remaining. The pickings at WR are getting slim, and we need help there in this draft. Because of that, my vote goes to:

Devin Street - WR - Pitt

25. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Brandon Coleman WR Rutgers

I'm surprised he's still there.. Maybe I'm missing where he was picked?