1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Official 2012 NFL Draft Thread

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by bigsteelerfaninky, Apr 26, 2012.

1. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    <cough> Crazy <cough>

2. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I can't believe how well this draft went. Someone pinch me!

3. bedwyr

bedwyr Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Pinch.

It still went great! :herewego: :herewego:

4. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    well was a great draft one of the best i remember on paper , unfortunately in the 7 we were parting and forgot who to pick

5. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Yahoo Sports already lists him as a guard. He'll be bagging groceries by September, but today - he's a guard.

Now - it's ON - Time for UFA's. The 7th round doesn't mean much, because some players that go undrafted are actually better than those picked in the 7th round.

6. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    What is up with this dude's off-the-field issues? Stalking?!!!!!!???

7. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    eh....I stalked a few girlfriends...my dad stalked my mom....I come from a long line of stalkers.....we just didnt have cell phones back then.....we were not so technical....more the hide in the bushes...follow them in the car kind of stalking.....these kids and their crazy technology.

HACK

8. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    While I only got text updates on the picks/etc (which took forever). I cant complain about this draft one bit. Got 2 solid OL...a LB (while at first seemed odd...but mainly because nobody was talking about him to Pitt), the NT of the future, a fast RB who can be a multi thread player....and then in the 7th...picked up a WR (as there were 1-2 WR spots open)...a TE that I kinda liked...and then a CB (1-2 CB spots open)....and a OG...this is the only bleh pick that has little to no shot. I can see every other pick making it on the team (depending on UDFAs/etc)...Paulson the TE may have a battle but still.

9. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Also I think the Bengals actually had another solid draft...if the players turn out to be what they've been hyped to be.

Kirkpartick
    Zeitler
    Still
    Sanu
    Brandon Thompson
    Orson Charles TE
    Prater CB
    Marvin Jones Wr
    IIoka S
    Herron RB

Not bad for them...surprised RB wasnt an earlier pick...but solid for the most part.

10. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Yeah I agree, the division is getting real competitive real quick. I love it though, makes the games much more interesting, that is for sure.

11. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    :thumbs_up: :good: :amen: :thumbsup:

Same sentiment. Don't like the 7th, but who cares? We don't need it.

12. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    beachum wasen't bad at smu. he was a LT. he may suprise a few people. paulson???? not sure where he will fit. fredrick could actually stick. clemons should stick. not bad at all top to bottom. :cool:

13. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I haven't watched anything on Beachum yet, but he made 51 starts at LT in college on a team that put up some good offensive numbers. That doesn't happen by accident, so I'm also thinking that he may surprise come training camp. He could be a good swing player to replace Essex in the long-run. I think Fredrick will stick, at first as a special teamer, then - who knows? With the way Lake has worked with our young corners, he could have an NFL career. Paulson... my guess is that he's going to have to learn to be a better blocker in a hurry to stick as a replacement for Johnson in that hybrid TE/FB/HB role. I think he'll be given a year on the PS to do that. I have no clue on Clemons. He had 8 TDs last season, so he's done something at the FBS level at least.

14. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I haven't watched anything on Beachum yet, but he made 51 starts at LT in college on a team that put up some good offensive numbers. That doesn't happen by accident, so I'm also thinking that he may surprise come training camp. He could be a good swing player to replace Essex in the long-run. I think Fredrick will stick, at first as a special teamer, then - who knows? With the way Lake has worked with our young corners, he could have an NFL career. Paulson... my guess is that he's going to have to learn to be a better blocker in a hurry to stick as a replacement for Johnson in that hybrid TE/FB/HB role. I think he'll be given a year on the PS to do that. I have no clue on Clemons. He had 8 TDs last season, so he's done something at the FBS level at least.[/quote:2m7it40h]

he was an acedemic all-american too. started 4 years at LT. just under 6-3. he was a very good and smart player. they may teach him the center spot and guard spot, but they say he's got the smarts to play center and make the line calls. nice swing guy with time and maybe more. a little bit of an under the radar guy because he played LT and will be switched in the pros. we had him in for a visit, so they must have seen some good qualities in him. not a bad combine either.

i know we won't be searching for a couple of guys to play guard like last year, when we had to try every guy on the team to find one. they are here and we will be young on the line, but looking like we will have the horses to get better, instead of just plugging in a different subpar player. :cool:

15. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    I have a confession to make. Some nights, when I'm really bored, I go back and read through this thread, beginning to end. Just because I was so excited about how the draft went. And, honestly, I go to a couple other Steelers boards and find the draft threads and do the same thing.
    Definately gives me hope that the world will not end December 12th. or 20th. or whenever.