1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Official 2012 NFL Draft Thread

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by bigsteelerfaninky, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    the more I think about it, why the hell did we get rid of Santonio? Put him in the line up during that last drive in the superbowl and we have 7 rings going for 8. If they are going to take this guy, why not keep Santonio?

2. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Adams sent a letter to every team interested stating he would waive the signing bonus for 2 years to prove his commitment.
    He's very good value at #56. I like it.

3. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    According to NFL.com's grading system, Adams is an 86 - an immediate starter. One of the highest ranks of all the picks so far in the 2nd round.

Looks like we have a VERY young O-line all of a sudden. Wow!

4. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    I like.....Our OL is set for years to come!!! Stay off the weed Mike...You will make alot of cash and win a few rings in Da Burgh!!!!!!!

5. domaug

domaug Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2011
    also, this was probably posted somewhere already, but on ESPN.com, DeCastro was rated 92.5, the 6th-highest player rating in the draft this year.

this O-line SHOULD be solid next season, and it should only get better.

6. Rush2seven

Oct 17, 2011
    I'm not a draft pro, but could somebody tell my why a QB with a 7-8 record wouldn't be available in a lower round?

7. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
  8. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    He is talented.
    But after Holmes, I am very surprised we took ANOTHER Buckeye that loves the sweet leaf.
    And this is coming from a Buckeye fan...
    And a friend of Mary Jane`s...
    But, if you can`t show up to the combine, and piss clean, when you KNOW you are gonna be tested??????
    WOW... Hopefully he gets the off the field stuff together, `cause the kid can definitely handle his business when ON the field!

9. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    We hit a homerun in round 1 and crap down our leg in the 2nd... Not a good pick....

10. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    This Oline might be THE best in a year or two.

11. Rush2seven

Oct 17, 2011
    A bruiser of a FB. with good hands, in the later rounds would be a good compliment to it

12. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    I disagree. I hated Adams in round 1 but I can't deny he's a value late in round 2. He has the tools to be probably the 2nd best OT in this draft, and he'll have time to sit and learn as long as Colon stays healthy.

13. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Some notes on what Sean Kulger said-

He spent alot of time with Adams and is comfortable with him, and that he's not a finished product, but he's got great size and arm length.

He'll start on the right, but can go to the left

Colbert said-

Got background info in Adam's case as well as all other prospects. Got the combine results a week before the draft.
    Aadams' sought them out once he was aware of the situation and requested a face to face with rooney, tomlin, and colbert.
    When he came in they said he was off their draft board.
    They gave stipulations to him to get back on the board, and he met them.

He wouldn't get into specifics of those.

14. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Hmmmm not sure what makes you think this. ESPN.com has him rated the 6th best overall - and NFL.com has him rated as an immediate starter - and one of the highest ratings in the 2nd round. Sounds like a good pick to me.

15. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Was just going to post this...hey if he met those stips...and they are comfortable with him...sounds good to me...and I welcome him aboard.

16. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I think its silly to think they did not interview and do their homework on this kid......Everyone knew his issues....if they felt it was truly an issue he would not have been the pick.

HACK

17. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    I agree. They must think a lot of this kid to take him this high even after all the bs.

18. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Interesting...

But I kinda meant...what will the starting line up look like now?

19. bedwyr

bedwyr Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    If he lives upto what he says then could be a good pick.

20. bedwyr

bedwyr Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Colon to Guard? Eventually?

21. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    i like getting a LT. we have needed one for years. i hope mike takes care his business and plays like he's capable of playing. this is not a bad pick at all in round 2. bens a happy camper. :cool:

22. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I don't have a problem with pot, I just have a problem with what comes with it.....laziness and lack of effort.

23. Rush2seven

Oct 17, 2011
    what is Max Starks status?

24. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    Gotta disagree.....We will have the best OL in NFL in 2 years.Love this pick as long as he stays off the weed!!Help us and yourself here Mike!!!!!!Its up to you...you want to be a Super Bowl Champ or a pot head??? Dont know of any rings they give out for pot smoking..

25. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Everyone should have a healthy Colon. I believe a high fiber diet helps with that.