1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Offers tendered to Wallace, K. Lewis, Mundy, Legs & Foster

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SSylvester, Mar 21, 2012.

1. SSylvester

SSylvester Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
  2. Coke Oven

Coke Oven Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Re: Offers tendered to Wallace, K. Lewis, Mundy, Legs & Fost

"Tomlin is also eager to get to work with Haley, calling it a “ridiculous bonus” that the former Kansas City Chiefs head coach was available. Tomlin isn’t sure what the offense will look like when Haley is done with it but is eager to watch the process."

Holy ****. Just what the **** does this man, Tomlin, do?

3. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011

What do you mean. He lets his coaches coach.

4. Coke Oven

Jan 2, 2012

Any competent head coach would be telling his coordinators the kind of offense and the kind of defense that he, Tomlin, wants. Having given them that principle he then would let them coach. This guy is turning out to be just a figurehead, a token, if you will.

5. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011

I disagree if why bring a guy in and say this is hows its going to be why not hust do it yourself. Im sure he has the final say but im fine with him letting these guys go.

6. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011

I agree.

Put it another way: "Mike Tomlin today said that he was glad they signed Todd Haley, as he would do whatever Tomlin damned well told him to do with the offense."

Doubtless this would prompt multiple complaints that Tomlin was keeping things how they were, afraid of change, pointless hiring Haley, etc.

Above all, though, we have to remember that there is nobody who uses more words to say less things to the media than Mike Tomlin.

7. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011

That last line is very true does anybody ever really know what he is talking about? I mean i find it hilarious.

8. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011

Old news from like 2 weeks ago...but thanks for posting.

9. SSylvester

SSylvester Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011

Oops sorry! Transposed article date with today's date.

10. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011

Let's not overthink it. Haley is going to have his own thoughts, but he must sell Tomlin on the changes. I don't think that will be hard to do, but if you think Tomlin is going to sit in the office and TELL Haley how to adjust the offense, you probably have never been in higher management. Tomlin will set the goals. Haley will devise a plan to meet those goals and present it to Tomlin. The 2 of them and the Offensive staff will work through the tweakings.

11. CanadianSteel

CanadianSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

You can be sure Tomlin has had, and will continue to have, his input on the offense.

There was also this quote at the end:

I think we need to have a defined personality, but that’s centered around playing to our strengths,” Tomlin said. “That changes, of course, depending on what our strengths are. Obviously, we have a solid, franchise-type quarterback. We have some emerging outside talent at wide receiver … Our personality, obviously, is going to be one that is built and geared toward our strengths.”

12. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011

another nice speech :roll: :roll: :roll:

13. Coke Oven

Jan 2, 2012

"Let's not overthink it. Haley is going to have his own thoughts, but he must sell Tomlin on the changes. I don't think that will be hard to do, but if you think Tomlin is going to sit in the office and TELL Haley how to adjust the offense, you probably have never been in higher management. Tomlin will set the goals. Haley will devise a plan to meet those goals and present it to Tomlin. The 2 of them and the Offensive staff will work through the tweakings."

If you think that's what I said then not only have you never been in higher management but you don't know how to read either.

14. BLACKnGOLDsince72

BLACKnGOLDsince72 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011

Couldn't disagree with ya more. Any competent head coach who was never an offensive coordinator himself would be telling his new offensive coordinator "I want us scoring 35 points a game. I'm sure you can figure out the best way to do that with the players we have because that's why I hired you."

15. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011

This couldn't be a more accurate statement :thumbsup:

16. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011

If we get to a Super Bowl as we did in 2008 and 2010, I couldn't care less how much or how little input Tomlin has in the offense.

17. edog55

edog55 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011

I love this quote "Tomlin uses more BIG words to say less things to the media. I added the word BIG because thats his M. O.

I think that he should not let Haley and Ben do whatever they want like he did with Arians and Ben. Don't let them have that much control. Thats the main issue. Don't let them have that much control, especially like Ben deciding that he was gong to play in the 49ers game with that bad ankle. I think that game blew another Super Bowl run! Is there any doubts? Was there any doubt who was in control when Cowher was the head coach? NO!! Thats what I'm sayint.

At least act like your are actively involved when the offense gather on the sidelines during a timeout, at least get into the gathering and say something. Don't just stand on the sidelines and do nothing and say nothing, get in somebodys face when they make a mistake like when Ben throws and Interception or something. ' I'M JUST SAYING!!![/b]

18. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011

:roflmao: Exactly.