1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Offensive Coordinator Survivor Edition

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Confluence, Nov 13, 2022.

1. Confluence

Confluence Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2017
    over 200 yrds rushing and a win Canada makes it to the next round and we will see him next week

this really was a crucial win for many reasons, we may not have an explosive offense but we got the job done and I think we can build off of this, I will also say that I think we might have an explosive defense which (since, so far, we have not really been able to put a lot of points on the board) will carry us to more wins.

A good win today that I think we can build off of and gives us new found confidence.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I’m not usually a thread pooper on person but in spite of actually finally getting a few yards it’s still not good offensive play calling

Not only do we not use the middle of the field but now we have our tight end running side line patterns now

WTF

***** moan grumble…

And I remember last summer when STD kept telling me this guy was good or something like that

Although I may be mistaken :smiley1:

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    What!!!!!!!!....LoL.

4. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    No more direct snap calls please!

• Winner Winner x 3
  5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I agree. Instead of working on passing Redzone plays....it appears that's what they worked on in the Redzone this week. Wonky a$$ stuff.
    I could be wrong (I've been known to a time, or two..LoL), but I think We try, and get a little bit more tricky down at the Redzone. IMO....that's part of the problem.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    On one direct snap, Pickett was so wide open he could have crawl into the end zone. If Canada insists on direct snaps, give Harris the option of throwing

• Like Like x 2
  7. SteelersFanCanada

SteelersFanCanada Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2019
    We need a Passing Game Coordinator.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. lamberts lunatic

lamberts lunatic Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    We need to give Canada 2 weeks after every game to come up with a decent game plan. Lol

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Confluence

Confluence Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2017
    agree the direct snap to Harris has fooled no one

Canada needs to stop being so cute, you can do the motion trickery but not every play, sometime when I watch I just want a simple throw and catch to an open receiver, thats it

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Michael E

Michael E Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2022
    We need a Game Coordinator.

Fixed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Steelvision

Steelvision Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2022
    Najee is actually looking up and using his instincts to find the holes; he's more decisive. KP is getting better at reading what the defense is giving and throwing it away or running with it as opposed to forcing it into coverage.

Bad news is that the receiver route running is bad, not much in the way of crossing routes or cuts to free up receivers, mostly just a bunch of routes where the receiver runs straight with a half hearted curl or hitch. Canada is not an NFL caliber OC, he's more rookie than the rookie QB.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Ytownsteeler

Ytownsteeler Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2015
    Don’t get too excited. We beat a qb less team that is as bad as we are. The bengals will drop kick us this time as Vegas knows it will happen after week one embarrassing loss Cincy took. I called the win today and expect disaster next week. We beat the following. Panthers. Falcons. Colts. Cleveland again for sure

13. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    Sdot deletes threads so they don't get bumped. When you search for Canada and SDOT, it only goes to 2021 eagles game.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    I am not much of an OFC but I agree that these direct snaps are a joke. I mean really. If your direct snapping to Najee does the defense not know its a run LOL

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    Especially considering nobody is crossing the grain to either provide the option of Najee keeping it or handing it off. If there's ever a time for a jet sweep or pop pass, it's in the wildcat.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Are you surprised? It speaks to integrity.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022
    The New Orleans Saints are one of those teams 'you're supposed to beat.' (currently)
    Pittsburgh really needed something to happen in the momentum department, and they got a little.
    They will get the Bengals at home and can make a statement with a win.
    For the record, I don't think they are going to sweep the schedule.

Just looking around all the NFL, this is a really weird season.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I was thinking much the same watching highlights of the games. I've completely lost track of who's got a good record and who hasn't at this point.

• Like Like x 2
  19. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    The Happy Trickster buys him some time. At least he didn't jump up and down and freak out in the box after a good play.

Still tempering excitement. Lets see what he can bring to the table against the bungles.

It was a solid win kind of a preview of how this team should look which gave some optimism.

Still work to be done and upgrades for the 23 season.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    We have the same record as the defending SB champs!

• Like Like x 3
  21. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    RUNNING COVERS A MULTITUDE OF SINS!

it was Ben's BEST FRIEND when he was a young QB - BUILD on it!

that + TJ is still the best in the business, he and Comikazee were fun to watch. and 29, what an INT!

• Like Like x 2
  22. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    29 is Levi Wallace

23. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    But it is something different! Reverting back to 2020 playbook ..snapping to what's his name..same result, but different person and different OC. Let's give credit for coming up with this with a week off! Really unimpressed, but no bubble screen!

24. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Yep they sure do,, the concept is to help the OL with angles and to keep LB'S from reading the QB so in theory it should be easier to run from a direct snap .. The reason ours looks so bad is the defense always has at least 1 more in the box most of the time 2 ....

We need more PA ,swing passes, screens, traps, mis directions, and most certainly a whole playbook that attacks the middle of the field...IMO this is the best way to get the run game going ...

Also use more 2 RB sets and run to all possible holes and use PA off each of those different runs this will also help the OL a bunch..

• Like Like x 2
  25. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Acouple of really good teams, some suspect and others surprising..but every week some really nutty games and very bad games as well.

• Agree Agree x 2