1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

offense to blame on this loss not defense

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by petekoutromanos, Sep 26, 2016.

1. petekoutromanos

petekoutromanos Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    the offense did not sustain any drives other than a few ,it seemed like the defense was out there all game because offense sucked or the refs were keeping the eagles drives alive with a lot of bs calls that kept them going,. Our defense isn't that great or good to begin with and when u leave them on the field all that time what do you except. On a side note ive been a fan for 30 years I cant remember too many games lik this , it was awful, they need to erase this quick and move on to KC, by the way Jarvis Jones sucks as*, this guy is so terrible I heard someone mention his ceiling is Clark Haggans, they need to cut this guy asap and make a statement ,ive never seen an olb get owned by every single lineman hee faces every week for the last 5 years ,the guy is absolutely the worst I have seen.

2. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    The entire team sucked yesterday. It was not just one aspect of the game that cost the steelers.

They lost all three phases. Anyone not named Jordan Berry and Antonio Brown flat out sucked.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Can you see this offense avg 30/game?

4. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Correct.... The offense had 60 snaps and the defense had 65 snaps. The defense wasn't out there all day but while they were out there they sucked.
    The Eagles scores 14(?) against the Jets and 29 vs the bad Browns and bears. Even with our Injurys no way should get have scored 34 on is.

Also while AB got his catches and yds let's remember he caught zero tds and zero 1st downs. All he did was build his stats.

Cajun

5. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    So you can see into the future can you? This is the problem with starting threads when you are angry. You start out with some vague reference to sustaining drives an spiral off into a rant about Jarvis Jones in which you don't have any accurate information. Jones is currently in his fourth year so watching him get owned by every linemen every week for five years is impossible. Even giving you the benifit of the doubt that maybe you meant four it's still impossible since he saw sporadic duty his first year, had a sophmore season plagued by injury and split duty with the lber corps in his third. I get that you think a first round draft pick should mean that the guy is a genetic freak who should be averaging 15 sacks a season and disrupt the game of every team they face but I'm sorry this isn't your guy. He may just be a no thrills solid against the run, average in coverage OLB who offers little else. Get over it.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Honestly, I think this loss falls to the coaches. It seems like BOTH game plans sucked, and there were no real adjustments made to fix that. At what point do we actually change our approach in order to get some sacks and splash plays on D. On Offense we either threw the ball back to the line of scrimmage or long, there didn't seem to be anything in the middle. One is low percentage of completion and the other is low percentage of being anything that helps if the D actually tackles and runs to the ball. I thought the game plan and adjustments, or lack there of sucked.

7. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Wentz just named Offensive Player of the Week.
    Now it hurts even more.
    Defense owns that.

8. Spencer

Spencer Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2016
    They both stunk up the place. It's a good fence sitting position to me on whom to blame. An offense that has big paycheck players that are house hold names and only get 3 points.

A defense that allows a rookie to school them is deplorable. The defenses stinks because they have NO talent. Okay, Heyward, Mitchell and sometimes Sazhier. The other guys are back ups. This lack of talent is the fault of Mike Tomlin up to front office.

For the offense this was a hiccup. For the defense, this is the product and they are not going to get better.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    He deserves it. That wasn't a Tebow game where a slip or two let him win. It was a masterful performance that took advantage of all our weaknesses.

Wentz will win more OPotW.

• Agree Agree x 5
  10. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    The entire team lost that game. That applies to Tomlin and on down the line.

However, I am going to check out some stats on the offense. The offense has a lot of weapons and it appears to me that they are in 3rd down often. I'd like to see them convert first downs using only the first two downs. Again, I'd need to check stats. I could feel that way because I'm frustrated with the offense.

Similarly, I'd like to see the defense close out 3rd and 7 yards, or more, more frequently. Again, I'd have to check stats, but it feels like this defense lets teams out of 3rd and long too often.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I agree, need to see more first downs after 1,2 down and cant allow conversions on 3rd and longs.

12. petekoutromanos

Jan 2, 2012
    The thing about it is, if the offense doesn't keep it competitive by scoring more than 3, the Eagles offense can take more chances be more aggressive in their play calling etc, yeah the defense didn't play good but it seems all the blame has been going towards that side of the ball even though half the team got hurt ,players wre playing all out of sync,but the ral crap came from our top rated offense, Haleys crap playcalling, Bens crappy throws, Wheaton couldn't catch cold, Decastro was with his big payday was getting thrown like a rag doll, Pouncey as well, even though Brown had good stats there was an eagle cb on him or very close to him every time he caught a ball maybe his pushing off like theBengals claimed hs a part to do with it, I don't know I just don't except that much from this defense but a hell of a lot more from this offense though that's all

13. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Steelers offense is overrated, big time. The offensive line, WRs... and sad to say, the QB. There is no consistency whatsoever from the unit that is supposed to carry this team while the defensive side of the ball is being rebuilt. 3 points? I mean really.... 3 freakin' points.

This is a 9-7 team, tops. And I'll stick by that claim and people are welcome to laugh at me if I'm wrong. The Steelers are the Saints of the AFC. Sporadic, sometimes explosive offense.. that can go dormant at a moments notice. Patchwork, inconsistent defense that needs more than one great draft pick and FA pickups to improve. Face it. We are the New Orleans Saints.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    The game was doomed. A bunch of starters on defense come out of the game on injuries AND they quit just stunk or quit after a while when they saw the futility of the offense.

The offense gets almost all the blame. I think at best we could have lost a close one instead of a blowout.

15. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    [​IMG]

16. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Post of the year.
    This Jarvis Jones stuff is humorous. The other three OLB's are playing like All Pro's right? And Jarvis is stinking it up right?
    Let it go already.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    If it's all the same I'll laugh now.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I was telling someone the other day that I don't think "overrated" is the right word but I think "inconsistent" might be. We played terrible the first quarter of the skins game and then got it together for the last 3. We were totally feast or famine in the Bungles game and then in the Eagles game it was just like we stayed on the bus for most of the game but actually the first drive wasn't all that bad. The Wheaton drop was awful but certainly not the reason we lost. It just looked like the Eagles actually cared and played with excitement and passion and our guys just wanted to go home. On both sides of the ball.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Playoff teams recover from TD drops from WRs like Wheaton. I wasn't expecting all out victory... just a little offensive production in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th quarter vs. Eagles to make it at least a shootout. Win or lose... a shootout with score up in the 30's or 40's would have been nice. Instead, we got the worst overall performance from a Steelers offense since the late 90's and opening day in 1989. That was pathetic considering the "talent" we have at the skill positions. This wasn't Kordell Stewart throwing balls to Courtney Hawkins... it was Roethlisberger to Brown. I'm sticking by my prediction of 9-7.

This was not a bad day... it's an average, mediocre team with too many flaws to beat the better teams in the NFL.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
  20. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    So I have been kicking around this game in my head and after taking a step back to breath I have come up with this. I am putting this game on our offense and here is why. So many people have picked us as their super bowl pick out of the AFC, cause of Ben and the offense. This is coming off a season where our pass defense was beyond terrible and people know how good our offense is. By saying that I feel this offense is so good it should be carrying this team. The dropped td by Wheaton was bad and we couldn't over come that. This offense is suppose to be so good that a lot of people picked them for the SB despite the defense. To put up 3 is a joke, our offense is better then that a lot better, time to put this behind us as Bell comes back and we start crushing all defenses from here on out.

As for the JJ comments in the opening post....there is a thread for that started feel free to jump in. :thumbs_up:

21. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    11-5 playoffs and then crapshoot like every other team.

22. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011

Naa, an offense that features the best WR in the game, best all around back in the game, one of the best QB's in the game, 3 top lineman in the game is not overrated.

They just sucked ass last week in a game they were truly needed.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  23. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
  24. petekoutromanos

Jan 2, 2012
    Steelers Glen, the other linebackers you are referring too are a 38 yr old legend who has sen better days, a cast off In Moats that a lot of people don't expect much, and a seventh round or whatever he is project in Chickillo, so f yeah I except more from looser as* JARVIS FREAKIN JONES, the dude sucks ball sachs,he is so slow,weak , has no moves to get to the QB, just pay attention to him ,his move is this line up ,run into the tackle and get blocked, even by some TE in the past, sorry for expecting a ittle more from the guy after 4 YEARS sorry in prior post, hes the reason we were forced to draft another LB last year and why we have negelected the secondary, he fell in the draft for a reason,sorry I'm too lazy to put in the other thread but JONES is worst than HUEY RICHARDSON IF ANYONE REMEMBERS HIM

25. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Jarvis Jones, a first rounder, is getting outplayed by Harrison (senior citizen in the nfl). Bad draft pick.
    J.J (underachiever)...Shazier(fragile)...
    Timmons (past prime)...Moats (ghost)