1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Of-fishy-ating.... Duke vs Miami....AFTER FURTHER REVIEW

Discussion in 'College Football Talk' started by takenoprisoners1, Oct 31, 2015.

1. takenoprisoners1

takenoprisoners1 Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2011
    Another amazing finish to conclude the Miami Duke game.....just one problem....there was at LEAST one blatant block in the back right near the football during the play, a flag was actually thrown and it was announced to be a block in the back and the play was being reviewed to see if it mattered. Upon further review.....AFTER the penalty was called and announced, it was somehow decided there was no penalty. I had a flashback to last years NFL playoffs where a penalty was called and marched off and then suddenly reversed with no explanation. There's no conspiracy here. If the refs wanted Miami to win they wouldn't have called 3 pass interferences against them on the preceding series.... But when the game is over and a call actually determines the outcome, it's difficult to think something doesn't smell bad....

2. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    The first block looked legit (and nasty) but the second one does look to be in the back. Pretty dumb since the Duke player had no chance to catch the ball carrier. Block or not, no way Duke should have let that happen.

3. takenoprisoners1

takenoprisoners1 Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2011
    Yeah I wasn't talking about either of those blocks. It was the one way back on their own 15 yard line. But whether it gets called or not is judgment I guess. My problem comes when the flag is thrown, officials discuss and THEN the penalty is announced. You can't pick it up after that and it's not reviewable. At that point it's not judgment anymore.....it's dirty.....

4. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I don't care who wins, but I believe the players knee is down before the laterral?

5. SteelerJJ

Oct 16, 2011
    Sure looks like it. How they can review that and still not see it is amazing.

6. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    this doesn't help my Heels when we play Duke this week.
    Needed Duke to win this game.

7. SteelerJJ

Oct 16, 2011
  8. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    they ruined THE TAR HEELS chance at a national championship
    :smiley1: