1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Odds on Dobbs getting minutes against KC?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by LoneGranger, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah, that was a bitter pill to swallow :lolol:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    If Dobbs plays, we lose or we have already lost. Period. Dpbbs is not a starting NFL QB, period. Dobbs does not give us a better chance of backing Ben up than Landry did. Period. Anyone wanting to put someone in a game that has never taken a snap in a real game needs to get off whatever is making you think like that.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  3. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    O even if the Steelers are blowing out the Cheifs

4. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Depends how badly hurt Bens elbow is. Starting a QB with a significant arm injury is stupid. Exclamation point.

Landry got his first start because of an injury and hadn't thrown an NFL pass and they won. Exclamation point.

You were wrong about them keeping Landry over Dobbs. Exclamation point.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Sojourner

Sojourner Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2015
    He's been a HOF QB for us and helped us win 2 more SB's. Since he's been our QB we've been one of the most consistent and successful teams in the NFL with a record straight 14 winning seasons.
    But he has a bad game and a bruise and some of you think he sucks and needs replaced by Dobbs?

Against a horrible KC secondary and no pass rush? The only way we lose this game is if our D falls apart and they out shoot us. And some of you guy's want Dobbs in the game?

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    He needs to be replaced if its more than a bruise. Bens a gamer but he doesn't always play his best football when he trys to play through an injury. In fact, sometimes he is down right awful.

Keep in mind, he practiced only sparingly on Friday, nothing the rest of the week. Bradshaw is a HOF QB with 4 SB's when an elbow injury finished him. Bens past achievements carry no weight here.

I'm a little concerned about this "bruised" elbow.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Only way we see Dobbs is an injury to Ben and as I stated before if this season turns to poop early I hope Dobbs gets games in because he is our future. I believe Ben's first season the team went 15-1. Ben had a much better surrounding cast then Dobbs will have.

8. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Couple 8-8 seasons in there. In 2006 Ben was 7-8 but we ended up 8-8. Still I agree with your post!!!!

9. Sojourner

Jun 25, 2015
    If it's more than a bruise then playing him would be idiotic. Good points IF it's more than a bruise, however, for now all we can go on is the information given. " It's just a bruise, he'll be fine."
    So I would think that past achievements carry a lot of weight when considering benching your star QB at this point.

10. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    You’ll know what game we are having by the first couple of passes

11. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I would never advocate sitting a healthy or even a capable Ben. Maybe others are but not me.

12. Sojourner

Jun 25, 2015