1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ochocinco and Branch

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelerD, Oct 27, 2011.

1. SteelerD

SteelerD Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Is it just me, these two don't scare me a bit this week. Can we single cover their outside receivers almost the whole game? That would allow the safeties to help across the middle and move up to make tackles earlier on the dink and dunk stuff. I know that Dick Lebeau would have to mix things up a bit but can't Taylor and Lewis handle these two for the most part? Their running game is also not a real weapon. They only run because they have to keep a defense honest a few times a game. If Pittsburgh rushes Brady with 4 and single covers the outside, that would leave 3 LBs, and 2 safeties to cover the middle. Even with Welker, both TEs and their RB in pass paterns Pittsburgh would still have a 5 man to 4 advantage over the middle. Thoughts?

2. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    They don't have a great running game. But if we sell out to cover, they'll run on us all day.

I'm actually ok with that. Anything to slow them down.

3. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011

I'm fine with giving up a hundred yard rusher if they hold them under 14 points. That means that offense doesn't have to be perfect to win. I never cared for how much the team worries about stuffing the run at all costs. What good is holding a back to less than 60 yards if you aren't getting pressure on the QB and are giving up 400 yards passing, four passing touchdowns and zero turnovers. Saying yeah but we held so and so to only 60 yards seems hollow.

4. SteelerD

SteelerD Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    I guess that is what I was getting at. Green-Ellis might get 100 yds or more, but he won't score 30 Pts.

5. black&gold1969

black&gold1969 Active Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Brady and Welker are the only ones that we need to worry about.

6. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    As far as Ochocinco goes, he hasn't really been a factor with the Pats, and I don't see him being one in this game.

7. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Here is hoping Welker remembers that beat down he got from Clark . Like a nervous tick Welker will remember that hit.. You dont forget those ones hehe

Bman

8. steelerzfannforever

steelerzfannforever Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011

9. Steeltradition83

Steeltradition83 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I believe we all remember the terrible towel incident after we played the bengals in 2006, the curse follows those who cross the towel. That is why we will beat the Pats this year, Ocho took the curse with him. Ok so I know this sounds crazy but I'm running out of things to write about at this point in the week. lol
    Here is a link for wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrible_Towel scroll down to Opposition and read every time the towel has struck back

:herewego:

10. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    No, I like it. Ocho Stinko brought the curse with him. :towel: Reading the opposition section...boy the Terrific Towel is stupid and shameful.