1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

OC search dragging on for what?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Badboy212, Feb 5, 2012.

1. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Normally this would probably be an area of concern, but in our case all we need is some sort of rake to erase all the plays we used to draw up in the dirt.

2. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    It's a tough situation for Tomlin. Art Rooney II did the right thing in my opinion with the coaching change but by going public he made Tomlin look weak. That stuff should be handled in-house.

3. BLACKnGOLDsince72

BLACKnGOLDsince72 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Yes it is, pure speculation. As for "unleashing hell" so what. The guy made a foolish remark in an attempt to light a fire. That was already beat to death WAY BACK when it happened. It was a mistake, he realized it and we've all moved on, well most of us anyway ;)

4. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    More recently Tomlin thought it was a good idea to play his 100m QB with a high ankle sprain, not only in the same game he got hurt vs Cleveland, a road game in SF but also another game against Cleveland rather than resting the ankle for the playoffs. Sorry, I want to like Tomlin as a coach, but decision after decision he seems to lose a little more respect from me. There's no reason Charlie Batch couldn't handle Cleveland twice. The SF game is debatable but I still don't agree with the decision, I would have rather had a healthy Ben for the playoffs than the hobbled gimp that we had in Denver.

5. BLACKnGOLDsince72

BLACKnGOLDsince72 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    That's your opinion which of course your entitled to but I'm sure everyone doesn't see it like you do. I know I don't. I had no problem with Tomlin's decision to play Ben in those games as long as there was still a chance to win the division. I'm sure Tomlin didn't handle this any differently than most coaches would have in that position. As the coach of the Steelers Tomlin has seen Ben win games time and time again while playing injured and certainly play as good if not better than Batch while being injured so when his $100M QB tells him he can go then as a coach you put your trust in the guy who brought you that far. Sure after it's over and we lose it's easy to second guess but had we won and locked down the division and got home playoff game then it would have been a great decision. Every coach makes decisions that in hindsight look like dumn decisions. So you don't point out what happened in this game or that game or some stupid comment he made 2 years ago. You look at the team's results over the long haul and over the long haul I'd say Tomlin's done a pretty damn good job of steering the ship so far.

6. TheWanderer

TheWanderer Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    totally agree.

ben SHOULD have played in the final games of the season. we were fighting for our playoff lives. a 1 or 2 seed and we would probably be in the super bowl. a 5 or 6 seed this season, with road playoff games at baltimore and new england looming . . . forget it. not happening. you don't ask charlie batch to get you there. you don't rest your franchise qb for a playoff game. and, with playoff seeding being the ultimate priority, the last month of the season were all 'playoff games.'

i can only imagine what this board would have looked like had we started batch over ben and lost to cleveland or something. "ben said he was healthy enough to play!! a gimpy ben is better than a healthy batch!! wawawa! winewinewine! blahblahblah!! infinity!"

if everyone on here is an expert on all things football, why do all of their mock drafts suck? ooohh . . . i guess it's easier to talk about what people should have done . . . after the fact.

7. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
  8. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Wow, if that's true, that guy has scooped everyone. I don't see that anywhere.

[​IMG]

9. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    Maybe KC's still got a tap on Haley's phone... lol lol

10. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
  11. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    Tweeted by "Chris Mortensen @mortreport Reply Retweet Favorite ยท Open
    As 610AM in KC is correct: Todd Haley is the Steelers new offensive coordinator, sources confirmed."