1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

OBSERVATION vs. THOUGHT vs FEELING

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by benwallace17, Dec 7, 2011.

1. benwallace17

benwallace17 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    OBSERVATION: 0% Tomlin hate. Is it possible the thought that I wouldnt want any other coach in the leauge is the consensus in steeler nation? I haven't heard any complaining on here or by other fans this year (I havent read all the post on here so maybe I missed a negative Tomlin post). I'd have to agree I love Tomlin he won me over almost instantly as i feel he's a great speaker and communicator to his team.....and i bet almost ever player in the league wouldnt have any problem playing for him. I also feel he and Colbert have drafted better together than Colbert and Cowher did, I guess your opinion of this depends how much credit you want to give the HC in drafting players. Finally, my complaint of Cowher back in the day was that he never seemed to prepare for a certain team but instead just prepared to play "his" game and never played bright young players soon enough. Tomlin I feel has problems in this department as well but not so noticably as Cowher. SO in the end i feel i can say I wouldnt want any other coach in the league for my team right now......and if i had to choose who i liked more between Cowher and Tomlin I'd take Tomlin

THOUGHT: 43 2 20: My thought is...wouldnt it seem that if the steelers started playing Polamalu like the ravens play Ed reed he'd stay healthier and get more INT's? I mean, I'd hate to copy the ravens in any way but if we started to use malu in a "center field" type way ala Ed Reed it seems logical it would equal less injures and more INT's...and I dont think it would hit our run defense too hard. Malu could still play the line...just alot less and we have great linebackers and a good d-line that will still hold up the run D quite well.

FEELING: The 32nd Pick: The steelers are one more draft away from being a rebuilt and very good team. It's amazing but true the steelers bow to no one in the draft game. This team is changing very quickly and alot of old favorites are on their way out....and wait whats this? Look at all these awesome young guys ready to take over. Gilbert, Brown, C. Allen, C. Brown, Heyward, Redman, Saunders, E. Sanders, Ziggy and there more that have slipt my mind at the moment. One more solid draft...pick up a G, maybe a D lineman LB or SS/FS for more depth.....yikes. New names same results. :hello:

2. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Having Troy take over for Clark and finding a young hitting SS might not be a bad idea...

That means the front 7 needs to take care of all the pass rush and creating confusion at the line. At this point I think the front 7 still needs Troy though.

With the Ravens, Ngata makes that line so much more physical than ours that they can handle a lot more with just their front 7 and let the safties play off.

3. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I think if you wanted to shift Troy over to FS, you'd need to find a young safety capable of playing both SS and FS, which is a tall order. That way Troy can still slide into his old role on random plays while the SS covers for him. After all, that is a major part of what makes him great, and no one wants to lose that except the other 31 teams. If both guys can play both spots, the offense won't know who is which on any given play.

Hmm, after typing that I realized that's kind of what we did in the playoffs. Clark became more like a SS and Troy FS, because he was limited by injury. It didn't work out that great. We should only ever move him to FS if it's absolutely necessary.

4. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I've got my problems with Tomlin, but he has done so much more good than bad it's hard to complain. No one is perfect. I wouldn't trade him for any other coach (our OC, on the other hand...)

5. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I often wonder if Steeler Nation has a different view of Head Coaches compared to many other franchises. However critical some people might be, we know that our HC's are basically here for a long time. So there's not the same baying for blood aimed at that particular position as there is with, say, the Raiders.

6. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Yep tomlin is the man...no way I would want anything else

7. SteelerD

SteelerD Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    How lucky are we to have three coaches in what amounts to a lifetime of football. I would have kept any of these three over any other coaches during their respective tenures.

8. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    :this!: