1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Obligatory Postgame Complaint Thread (Jags, Wk 5)

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Clive From PIT, Oct 8, 2017.

1. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Really? You must be wearing some nice rose colored Ben glasses. No disrespect, but Ben is playing horrible. This is a major problem.

I agree totally with the run defense, or lack their of. It also is a major problem...

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I get the feeling Shazier and Vince as a combo is not working as well as they have hoped...

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015

He already retired. I've been saying it all season. He should not have come back. Wonder if we can steal Cousins.

• Like Like x 1
  4. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Well feel free to show when Ben is being Ben???? Ben has always been good/bad but right now he is way worse than I have ever seen. As for the rush yards I am with you. I mention before the game about our run defense and how I was worried about between the tackles. I know Fornutt broke one at the end for 90 but in the 2nd half we didn't look good and there was no reason for it. Knowing how bad Bortles has been we should have let him beat us or nobody at all.....and one last thing scrap this zone coverage enough of that crap!

5. TomlinSux

TomlinSux Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Yeah...we back in with another math equation. Should be a 12-4 team with this talent, but we play for a 10-6 record and pray we back into the playoffs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Da Stellars

Oct 22, 2011
    Our offensive line has played like crap all year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. H-Bomb

H-Bomb Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2012
    We could be 0-5 or 1-4 like those bums Manning and Rivers. Everyweek is an adventure, win or lose, it's fun for me. Get to deal with all your buddies giving you crap, let em have their day. 2 my buddies huge Patriots fans, I will just tell them to go stick it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Anyone else really enjoying seeing our D guys doing happy dances and celebrating after they've just given up another 1st down? Me neither. Very telling. :facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Steelhammer92

Steelhammer92 Well-Known Member

May 19, 2015
    They look like idiots. Mitchell looks like he's playing while high on cocaine. I don't know how else one can get so fired up after making a tackle on a 12 yard, first down run.

10. Da Stellars

Oct 22, 2011
    Ben is the best play action QB I have ever seen, and yet we rarely run it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Mitchell's act is wearing thin. Whoopee, you made a freaking tackle. That's what you get paid to do, dude. That's like my CPA doing a happy dance when he finishes my tax return. We have way too much over the top celebrating after mundane plays when the game is still on the line. How about keeping your mind in the game and not on how you're going to celebrate if you're in on the next tackle. After the Shazier interception today, him and Bud Dupree and others were doing all of this choreographed celebratory crap on the sidelines and I was thinking it ain't over yet, guys. Celebrate AFTER you win the game. A high five and a fist bump is fine, but a rehearsed celebration after a nice play in a game still in the balance, that's just simply DOING YOUR JOB! It's not that special. Winning is special and reason to celebrate. Not finishing up a tax return, even if you did find your client some tax breaks which gave him a bigger than anticipated tax refund. :facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. H-Bomb

H-Bomb Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2012
    Steelers and Taxes, God love em.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Lunatics running the asylum......plain and simple.

• Like Like x 1
  14. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    No fire in the belly!!!

15. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011

Yeap you said it, it's gonna be one of those regular every season processes.

16. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    So I guess all the Ben is the problem folks are ready to sit him down and ride with Landry the rest of they way? Or is it Dobbs for the W?

Ben is Ben...he is a competitor...he will bounce back from this game....not only is he better than anyone else on the roster...he is still a top 10 QB even when he is throwing 5 INT's.

We are spoiled as fans with the QB situations. When Ben does leave...its going to be a rough ride for awhile.

HACK

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Shazier plays on instinct and that is sometimes wrong and Vince plays on guessing and when that fails make a big hit. The problem is when they are the guys that the defense is designed to have flow to the ball and they can't be patient and fly into gaps and get gobbled up then there is no one to make the play.

18. ThrowToHeath

ThrowToHeath Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2011
    I think four of the picks were in the second half. A lot of them were Ben trying to make a play. We are all saying he is done and all that, but it’s really premature. Everyone has bad games. This was a bad game. He still can throw and move better than Manning ever did.

I do not like all of the audibles and hard count tying to draw the defense offsides. That is new this year. He should just focus on executing the play rather than being cute with adjustments and hard count.

Also, Bell running up the middle is not effective. Whether it is Bell or the o-line, it isn’t working, and that’s making us play from behind when we waste so much time in the first half trying to establish the run and only get a few field goals. We should be more pass aggresssive in the first half, score touchdowns, then pound it out in the second half with the run.

One last note. Opposing DBs are mugging our receivers. We have seen fantastic CB and S play against us this year. That is something that people fail to recognize or admit.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    I would agree Hack but he was jumping at shadows in this game and after the second pick six he showed zero amount of drive to overcome the costly mistakes he made. I saw nothing from him to say that this is the same old Ben that will shake this off and be fine. It seemed more like the father of three who wants to be able to run with his kids when he hangs them up instead of sling it with reckless abandon injuries be damned.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Ben can be our problem and still our best option...they are not mutually exclusive scenarios. The truth is we lost both the Chi. and Jacksonville games because Ben didn't play at the level of a top 10 QB. If the offense performs at the level they are expected and should ,we don't go to OT against the Bears where we got gashed and we don't get a 90yard run tacked on at the end today. Obviously the D needs to do a better job against the run but I'm much more concerned about our lack of O . Our D is playing winning ball....the O isn't...

21. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    giving up over 200 yards rushing to a team with a weak QB is not winning ball

HACK

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    During the drive where Jaz started in their 4 and 'ran' 65 yds and 8 minutes to put the dagger in. There was a play where Fournette, I think?, ran for 12 yds and a FD. Mitchell 'stopped' him with a big hit and hooped, hollered and strutted like he stuffed him on 4th down. Sometimes I think these guys are completely unaware that the only different between what they do and a clown act is the face paint, the big red nose and size 30 shoes.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  23. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    come on Hack they had the running game negated until the back to back pick sixes and then all Jacksonville did was go jumbo and eat up the clock. which included that ugly 90 yarder on a sell out run blitz. If they game was still in doubt no way Jacksonville is running out the clock and it becomes a better contested game.

• Like Like x 1
  24. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    C'mon Hack .....90 yards came in garbage time and a lot of Chicagos came in OT against a tired defense. You know the same one that is on the field way more than it should be because of a underperforming offense led by a underperforming QB. How can you absolve Ben from any of this....Thers no way you could of watched the last 5 weeks and say you're not a little worried....

25. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Really not worried? Ben isnt Ben anymore.

Was one of the biggest Ben supporters on this board but hes falling off a cliff and thats not based on 5 games this season, hes play was declining last year.

• Agree Agree x 3