1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Obligatory Postgame Complaint Thread (Jags, Wk 5)

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Clive From PIT, Oct 8, 2017.

1. SteelerEmpire

SteelerEmpire Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2015
    The offense seems to be going in the direction of decline, no real passion from team captains, no heart from anybody.

Same ol' Steelers

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
  3. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Inferior to who? The Inferior Jags are 3-2, just like superior Pittsburgh Steelers.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011

Ben is "Retired While Playing". He has not look good at all this season. He was done the minute he said he considered retiring.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    The entire team... Big Ben included.

Disclaimer: Rant inbound. :butcher:

I do like that JuJu did see some more action. I am also happy that, in the beginning, drives were sustained as opposed to frequently going for early killshots.

What I do not understand is the decision making from Big Ben. This is now four weeks he has made poor decisions. This really is unacceptable in just about every conceivable reason. Nevermind him, someone, on this board that lives in Pittsburgh, please send Marcus Gilbert an S.O.S. While we are at it, can any receiver not named JuJu nor Brown please stand up?

Talented receiving corps?? Not too sure about that.

Defensivley brings another issue; can someone tell Sean Davis and Bud Dupree the following;

1.) Please utilize the fundementals via tackling.

And most importantly..

2.) Maintain the gaps you are supposed to.

Special teams I really do not have too much an issue outside of JuJu's lack of experience.

Coaching.. something I RARELY touch on. Mike Tomlin..

REALLY?!

Todd Haley can also be added to this list as well. I do not understand why Haley continues to outsmart himself. I just do not get it.

Crossing routes against zone based defenses? What a wonderful recipie for success!

Butler and everyones favorite whipping boy get a pass for me. Much of the defensive failures have a lot more to do with the likes of poor tackling and lack of execution. Then again, an offensive coordinator who habitually outhinks himself and plays into Doug Marrone's strategy of imposing their will does not do any favors!

To end this, do not get me started on the officiating.... or the lack of it. Multiple holding calls, multiple forms of defensive pass interference, multiple other technicalities I really do not want to get into.

To end this first and only rant I will ever have on here, a question for the board:

Given the fact that this team now appears to be at a crosswords, if you were the coach, how would you approach this situation?

/Rant over.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
  6. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    The season is nearly 1/3 over, and the 30 pt/game offense is not even averaging 20 pts a game.

7. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Well inferior if you consider we are "supposed" the have a franchise QB but when he plays like one of the worst in the league I guess you can say we are even...

8. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Well it might be L Bells fault for uttering the hysterical "skies the limit" phrase this week. More like the sky has fallen....

9. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    18 points

10. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Ben is Ben.. I'm not worried about him.

More concerned about giving up about 400 yards rushing in the two losses... when you know they will run

HACK

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Ben's not lightning anyone up he can't even win at home!!! He's done KC will do worst to us next week. Hoping for no major injuries.

12. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Well be tied with Bengals next week. 3-3.

13. WinTheNorth

WinTheNorth Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    No play action? Seems it's been that way all season... seems like the shovel pass has taken the place of it:shrug: Can't recall if they ran it more last year.

Not many crossing routes so speak of either it seems but plenty of bubble screens on relatively long yardage 3rd downs?

14. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Ben had 5 passes batted down and 5 ints :facepalm:, and 55 pass attempts and only 15 rush attempts for Bell against the 32nd ranked rush defense of the Jaguars.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Defense was back to the Bears game. Basic gap awareness.

That said, I don't give the defense too much grief for this one. Offense continues to be the problem. Big ****ing problem.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. TomlinSux

TomlinSux Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    The problem is Tomlin...bad coach that always has his team play down to its competition.

17. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Bell is a HUGE part of the issue with the Steelers. He's one of our star players and he's already thinking about the Powerball either next year or in 2019. His mind is totally on himself and he doesn't give a flip about the Steelers organization! He's more concerned about $$$ and his post football rap career. The main ingredient in championship football is not talent, it's team chemistry and the Steelers have a toxic environment right now with the narcissistic self promoters on this team with Bell at the top of that list!!!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    Oh I don't deny that he's giving it his all, not doing so would cost him his 15 mil or 17 mil or whatever the crap he's up to in his latest rhyme.

19. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    Couldn't agree more

By far, the most disturbing part of this game was when Jags were pinned at 5, and moved the ball to our 30 without a single pass. We are missing no one on D to injury

20. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

In the Bears game it was Sean Davis.

Now it is both Davis and Dupree; namely again with Sean on Fournette's 90 yard run.

21. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    This! Finally Bell had a breakout game last week! And what is the game plan against the worst run defense? Lets throw and throw some more. 5 picks! I said last season Ben's fire is gone. Then the retirement talk. Now he just looks like he has checked out.

And you can't blame Chickillo for this putrid run defense. And up next is the KC Chiefs with a top notch solid running game. Oh and a top notch Defense.

What a major disappointment...

22. H-Bomb

H-Bomb Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2012
    Just have to make the playoffs, doesn't matter how you get there. Go Steelers!

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    SPOILER ALERT: Please disperse - there's nothing to see here. Go rotate the air in your tires. I'm serious Mr C. :frustrated:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  24. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    I commented last week that Ben seems to have more passes batted down than any 6'5" quarterback that I can remember. Seriously, what's the cause of that? Low delivery point? Bad vision? Something else?

• Like Like x 1
  25. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    I'm sure we'll be fighting it out for the sixth seed like we are most years. :facepalm: