1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Obi Melifonwu vs. T.J. Watt: Round One

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by AskQuestionsLater, Mar 7, 2017.

1. T.J. Watt. Him and Dupree will wreak havoc day one.

7 vote(s)
    63.6%
  2. Obi Melinfownu. Having Obi patrol the deep middle with unleash Sean's full power.

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  1. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

I do not think Kevin King gets past the early stages of the second round myself. He is a surefire top 40 pick.

Heck, based on his proficiency in playing slot, press man, off man, cover 2 and 3 along with playing single high, one could even make the argument that Kevin King is the better choice for an all around safety than Obi is due to his versatility; his lateral agility to boot given the fact that we do not know how agile nor flexible Obi is.

Regarding corners though, as much as I like Whithersoon's intangibles, another Buffalo like Chidobe Azuwie or even Tennessee's Cameron Sutton would be my round three targets. Both are awesome fita for what this team needs and can contribute right away.

Another good one is Shaquill Griffin. I understand this is premature... but I see a little bit of "Swaggin" in him.

2. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    I don't absolutely LOVE anybody in the first(2-3 is a different story) but I think Watt is a safe pick. This reminds me of the year they took Heyward. I didn't love him but he seemed very safe. I was pretty sure he would be a solid starter.

I'm not saying Watt doesn't have superstar POTENTIAL, cause I think he might, but I think his floor is pretty high. I would be happy with Watt.

3. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Godwin wouldn't even sniff the practice squad. AB84 isn't faster than DHB and 4.42 speed is more than adequate. Coates cannot catch a cold.

4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Depends whether his hand healed or not. Lot of uncertainty to what and just how bad he messed his hand up.

Before the injury, he was catching quite well. So my question isnt can he catch, its where he is with the recovery.

5. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Fair enough, will have to agree to disagree with you (and most everyone else). Hadn't seen the catching ability in college and he has done nothing to convince me in the pros. But I am a stickler for natural hands catchers on offense and reliable tacklers (not head hunters) on defense. I believe the tackling can be improved upon moreso than the receiving part. Great guy off the field and has crazy physical skills, but I don't see Coates as a reliable receiver. I know everyone likes him so I'll quit harping lol

6. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    or am I?

Here is Coates hand-eye...

just kidding, ok now I'm done lol

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    LMAO! I love that he lost both his flip-flops when he stood back up :roflmao: