1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

O-line best game?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel machine, Jan 4, 2022.

1. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Granted Najee made a lot of yards on his own and Ben, at times, looked like young Ben getting rid of ball but if you had to pick a game to give the O-line some credit it was last night.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    24-46 123yards 1td and 1 int is the Ben of old? The line was okay, but hardly dominant by any stretch of the imagination. No giant holes for Harris to run through. However, If the line puts it together next year Harris will be a beast.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    There is an argument to be made that this was the line's best game, but that is a low bar. They gave Harris the opportunity to get to the line with momentum most of the time, which was an improvement. He can work with that.

Some of it has to be getting Green out of there. Letting Klemm go probably helped some, too. I just wish they had put Hassenauer in at center earlier in the season.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    yes, best OLINE game of the year. I think Green is not going to make it as a C. They need to FA or draft right away a C. Move him to G. He may suck there too, I guess we will see.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. JPP

JPP Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2014
    I think last night showed Green thusfar has been a liability and that pick wasn't used wisely.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Absolutely. I worry that without a solid back up the wear and tear on Harris may come into play. He was a bad azz beasty MF last night and that stiff arm on the Stain DB was MeDonaldesque. JMO>

7. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    It was their best performance in the run game, wasn't the best effort in the pass blocking area.

But you could also be the Browns have have huge bucks wrapped up in your line and you allow your QB to get sacked 9 times in a game.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Is it me, or does Harris on some plays look like LB with some patience? It is nice that he was able to just get to the LOS without shedding tacklers beforehand. The last think on earth that the Stain DB's wanted to see was JH in full locomotive mode coming down field. JMO>

9. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    better then last week. :cool:

10. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Was definitely better blocking along the line, also was definitely better running by Harris, more north and south running with less dancing and hesitation.

LeGlue, left guard played well and the center surprised me that he played so well.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2022
  11. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Right tackle Jack Conklin is on IR, as is top reserve Chris Hubbard. That is why they were stuck with rookie James Hudson trying to block Watt. At least five of those sacks came against Hudson, with Tuszka beating him for one as well.

Heyward's big night might have been even more impressive because the strength of the Brown's line is the two guards, Teller and Bitonio.

12. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    And some of these knuckleheads thinks Najee is average.
    Barring injury he will lead the Steelers back to the promised land.
    Sweetness like. LOL.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  13. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    The linemen were getting to the second level far more often than in previous games.

14. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Browns have also packed it in lol

• Agree Agree x 1