1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

O.K., It`s my fault... And I`ll take the blame...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Bleedsteel, Jun 14, 2015.

1. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    If our beloved Steelers have a poor season this year, I am stepping up to take the blame early.

I`ve learned over the years, not to bet on our team, BUT...

Alcohol got the better of my judgement, yesterday, at a steak-fry, and I bet my girlfriend`s neice`s husband 20 bucks, that the Steelers would finish with a better record, than his sorry ass Crygirls!!!

Got tired of the friendly talkin back n forth, and decided it was time to put up, or shut up...

Today, being sober, I realize that was probably a bad bet, realistically, but, oh well... I will always support my team!

So IF we fail, don`t blame Butler, or the rookies, or Ben, or anyone else...

It`s completely BLEED`S fault, for making a pre-season bet!!! LOL!!

(Shoulda learned my lesson a couple years ago, making the same bet to a good friend of mine, the year Brown fumbled a punt return Vs. Dallas, and I mailed his 20 bux, in pennies... LOL)

So, what`s the board`s opinion... Do I have a 50/50 chance of winning the bet?

40/60, 70/30?... thoughts? I don`t even know their schedule, honestly, I just believe Ben is better than Romo, and that`s all I need on my side... LOL!

GO STEELERS!!!

2. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    In similar situations my most common response is "Whatever" and then change the subject.

3. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I'm not a betting man but I fully expect us to do better than them. The only reason we won't is because our schedule is just brutal. Well, on paper, at least. I definitely think we are a more "talented" team than them. They also lost Murray and McFadden hasn't proven he can even stay healthy. I think we have a good chance to have a better record. Also, I'm not going to blame you because if we don't finish strong it will clearly be because Tomlin is running out of Cowher's players. LOL.

4. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Wasn't it 2008 when all the experts all year were saying we had the toughest schedule anyone remembers?

5. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah it was. We actually DID have the hardest schedule on paper when you look at the teams we played. That's what makes that year so incredible. We also had to defeat a division rival 3 times. Our defense was just so awesome. I've actually said that I don't really mind us having the toughest schedule this year because we always seem to show up when we seem like we shouldn't be able to win and never seem to show up when it seems we should dominate.

6. Cali Steel

Cali Steel

Jan 4, 2012
    Looks like a solid bet to me. The better competition will be good like 08. They suspended Ben that year too, like Bell is this year...hmmm

7. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Well, if your bet includes the post season, I think you have a very good chance. I think Dallas will win the East again, but I see a one and done in their future.

8. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Ben was suspended in 2010. That was when we lost to Green Bay

9. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    You may have a good bet. I think the over under will be a factor of how well we do the games Bell is suspended. If we go 0-3, you're toast. Otherwise, I think you are fine.

10. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    No Ben was suspended for 2010's first 4 games.

11. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    The League has been very changeable of late. Both us and the Cowboys could make cases for being improved. But I'm not sure about how much you can assess the toughness of schedules until a few games into the season.

12. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I know how you feel Bleed, I hate making bets on my favorite teams. For me, they always seem to wind up on the wrong side. It was really tough in 2005 when I was living in Denver. DANG it felt soooooo good to win that AFC Championship in Denver. I didn't say boo all week but that was a great Monday.

13. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    Good point...

I was ASSUMING it did, since he was predicting his girls to win the Superbowl, but will have to clarify that with him before the season, and stipulate, that PREseason records are NOT included!! LOL ;)

I also agree with jeh1856...

I will be MUCH more confident, if we go 2-1, or better, without Bell!:herewego!:

GO STEELERS!!!

14. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I bet on the Steelers every week. I very rarely don't pick them unless they are favored by a big margin, spanking teams is not something they usually do.

15. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    oh
    stop it BLAST

bleed
    you're the least to blame when it comes to putting money on the STEELERS.

BUTT

if you haven't until now
    then
    you lost out on a shipload of money

good luck on your bet

I have quite a few bets out that the STEELERS go further than the pats (made in march mind you)
    I'm liking my chances