1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Now what? QB related

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Bend Steel, Apr 10, 2022.

1. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    You decided to add your wisdom to my comment. In the process you missed the point. Adding insult to injury you continue to do so while accusing me of backtracking.

2. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Like I said, whatever makes you feel better strummerfan

• Like Like x 1
  3. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    I don’t need to feel better as I feel amazing. I don’t need to rewrite history either. Have an A-1 day!

4. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    You too

5. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    If we do draft a QB early I hope we intend to build the system to fit him .. QB'S who can play in any system are very rare ,so please don't draft a mobile QB and try and turn him into a pocket passer is my hope.. IMO most of the QB'S this year are more suited for mobile systems so if we going that way then fine ,I really see no pure passer in this draft of course I could be wrong ,but I just don't see one from where i sit..

6. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    Ok what's your point. You keep saying it without giving the explanation. I explained the way I read it and apparently I'm not alone with thinking like that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Carson Strong is more of a pure passer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Steelers4tim

Steelers4tim Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2022
    Great post, btw. Not trying to be disrespectful or speak ill for the deceased, but many, many folks have said the words...he was a BUST, nothing more. Not sure if he could have made a USFL roster or a CFL roster, either, that is unless Mike Dumblin was the head coach.

#firetomlin

9. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    According to over the cap his pre and post June 1 cut hit would be 2.54 million. I'm not saying his contract his guaranteed, but his cap hit seemed to have been unless signed away as a RFA.

10. MeanJoeBlue

MeanJoeBlue Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2013
    You are reading OverTheCap wrong.

In this hypothetical situation, the site has the same thing for both pre and post June cuts: $0 dead money, +$2.5M cap savings.
    (A negative number would mean a cap hit.)

11. Ytownsteeler

Ytownsteeler Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2015
    The team should not draft a QB in the first round. Waste of pick. Take a flyer on Matt C from Ole Miss or North Carolina kid in the second. If they dont cut it, next years draft is much better and trade up next year. We will be a similar team to last years. A finish of 7-10-to 9-8 seems about right. I cant be let down if I have real expectations. We are light years on offense from the KC and Chargers offense.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Ytownsteeler

Oct 2, 2015
    The Liberty kid played 2 d- 1 teams last year and had zero TD passes. He is a clone of San Fran pick trey lance. Nothing but a project for 2 years and out of league. Like love from Packers. how bad is he that they wont get rid of rodgers even though management and he cant stand each other.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Yep he is , but may not be a franchise QB IMO , but probably the closest this draft has to offer..

14. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The Chargers beat the Steelers and had a better offense last season, but the Steelers made the playoffs and the Chargers didn't :shrug:.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    People need to get over " Steelers making the playoffs" they. Had no reason to be there, did nothing to be there, and was a total fluke they was there........ so in other words .that dog wont hunt!!

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  16. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    Yet they were there. So in fact that dog most definitely did hunt.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  17. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

That dog hunted his own poop. Took a big dump and turned around to smell it. Once again just good enough to have people continue to praise MT for another non losing season.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    You have to win enough games to make the playoffs and they did, despite having a washed Ben and a bad OL, they also had the 32nd ranked run defense.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    He did one of his best coaching jobs just getting that bad roster to the playoffs, of course fans like you won't admit it :rolleyes:.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  20. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Why man ...Why?????
    You either make the playoffs, or You don't. There is No fluke. I could give You a bunch of teams that would love that fluke. :shrug:

• Agree Agree x 2
  21. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    No....We made the playoffs. If we didn't then I could understand. So everyone that lost their 1st game in the playoffs didn't belong there????
    Be really hard 2 play playoffs that way. No???:thumbs_up:

22. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Would it be less expensive right now to draft a QB then to pick up a potential backup that may not play?

23. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    You know we're drafting a QB. Who and when is the question. Someone like Corral, Ridder or Howell in the 2nd would be fine with me. I really hope it's not anyone in the 1st round. As for a 4th camp body, I'd be fine with Rosen.

• Agree Agree x 2
  24. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    he helped construct that bad roster. of course fans like you won't admit that.:rolleyes::cool:

• Agree Agree x 2
  25. Ytownsteeler

Oct 2, 2015
    The only reason we made playoffs over chargers is their idiot coach went for stupid fourth down conversions in own territory and he called a timeout when Oakland was settling for tie. So we made playoffs as a low seed. QWe had no real shot of winnin gone game let alone the super bowl standard our management say to us. Dont draft a crappy qb prospect who had 0 passing tds against in 2 top 25 games. Dont waste money on a psotion that is not even worth a point in vegas like safety or free safety. Use money on corners and draft your safety positions. Can get solid one in 3rd or 4th round. Dime a dozen

• Agree Agree x 2