1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Not for nothing but we host the Broncos next year

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TheWanderer, Jan 9, 2012.

1. TheWanderer

TheWanderer Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    we've got the afc west again next year and the denver and kansas city games are at home.

2. takenoprisoners1

takenoprisoners1 Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2011
    Yeah, it probably won't pack the punch of a real grudge match or anything like that..... but at least Ryan Clark would be able to play....by then the Broncos will probably be 3-6 and leading the AFC West so there probably will be quite a bit at stake.

While we're on the subject, does anyone know if the NFC teams we play on home/on the road are REALLY officially set? According to johnnyroadtrip.com, we should be traveling to Dallas and NY next year while getting Philadelphia and the Redskins at home. But the same website also said we should have traveled to Seattle THIS year and hosted Arizona, so I don't know if the weird 'resetting' thing they did at the beginning of the 2011 season might affect the home/away NFC games in 2012. Just trying to figure out which games I might try to get away for NEXT year....

3. Tdot Steeler Fan

Tdot Steeler Fan Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Payback is a b*tch. After a game like that I feel like we should blow them out next time we face them but then again thats how I felt after Baltimore week 1 and we still lost the next time in a even more disgusting fashion I think.

4. blitzgirl

blitzgirl Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
  5. TheWanderer

Oct 20, 2011
    that's a good question. i was wondering the same thing. the seattle/az thing was the result of some weird nfl rule limiting cross-country travel. i got into a friendly disagreement with another steelers fan during the playoffs last year when i was positive we were playing at seattle and hosting arizona because i had already checked the future schedules. he was in arizona and was certain his beloved steelers were town. turns out, he was right as they had changed the schedule on me. i wouldn't have thought we'd run into that again but we ARE playing the afc west next season and we ARE schedule to play at both oakland AND san diego so . . . ?

6. TheWanderer

Oct 20, 2011
    you may be right.

johnny roadtrip has it listed as a home game http://www.johnnyroadtrip.com/schedules ... e_afcn.htm but also suggests that our home/away schedules for the afc west is not set in stone. too bad. i'd have no interest in going to denver next year and suffering that kind of abuse from their fans. i WAS looking forward to going to oakland AND san diego. oh well.