1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Not about playoff's, but just found out

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by PSYCHOSTEELER, Jan 5, 2012.

1. PSYCHOSTEELER

PSYCHOSTEELER Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    I just recently watched the top 10 controversial plays on NFL network, and low and behold guess what was number 1 , yep Immaculate Reception. And this time with my DVR I slowed down and played two different views in slow motion. There is no question about it, Tatum touched the ball first. It hit him right in the chest right above his right peck. Man after all these years of wondering and all the talk, I saw the truth and if that jerk was still here today and I saw him I would call him out, Tatum your a liar. But one controversy I could not see was did Franco trap the ball on the ground. There is no camera view that low, it kind of cuts that part out.

2. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Then this should settle it for you. Watch the replay. ;)

[youtube:2h7jd9qs]7xMDIcsUMmA[/youtube:2h7jd9qs]

Pretty clear to me Franco caught it.

3. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Yep that was a catch. But Raiders fans will never admit it.

4. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Interesting that they rarely show that replay whenever they discuss it - they usually show the game shot, then the one front on Franco, where it looks more ambiguous as to whether he caught it or not. The back view there shows it nice and clearly, though.

5. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    It was a catch get over it raider fans

6. Wreck

Wreck Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Today that "hit on the defensless reciever" would have been a 15 yarder. :p

7. 4EvrH8O'donnel

4EvrH8O'donnel Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011

Well the game would have never even got to that point. It was the Raiders Vs. Steelers in the 70's.

Today. Roger Gooddell would have cancelled the game due to the possibility of injuries caused by collisions by players playing aggressively.

Remember when the fans ran out onto the Field?

Roger would have had to call in the National Guard!

8. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    My dad, brother and I were at the game. (my avatar has the torn game tickets). Franco made the catch, no question! :thumbs_up:

9. Cbus Steelers

Cbus Steelers Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    That's awesome! About what percentage of the fans would you say had left before that play?

10. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Zero! :herewego!:

11. dkblue

dkblue Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011

Very few. It was 6-0 Pittsburgh for 58 minutes. Stabler dropped back on fourth down and was almost tackled by Joe Greene but he ran it in. It was stunning. The rest is history.

12. PSYCHOSTEELER

Nov 22, 2011
    you got to be kidding me, you cant tell, the camera does not go low enough. you can see the ball and not the ground below it. just take a look at it again.

13. TheWanderer

TheWanderer Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    he caught it. i saw it from behind the grassy knoll (or was it a gassy noll?).

14. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    The ball is at his knees when he makes the catch. I don't need to see the ground. Franco isn't running on his knees. ;)

15. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Someone tell madden we cheated and only did it to piss him off
    Then watch him melt down

16. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011

Wait... is this a trick? I was going to respond but after further review I can see that what you really are doing is negating your own argument by saying that you can't see the the ground below it, thereby, confusing the situation and disqualifying your own comment rendering it useless and having never should of been typed. I'm sure you had some people here fooled but I can see right through you...you magnificent bastard (I read your book)!

17. PSYCHOSTEELER

Nov 22, 2011
    I hope you not talking about me , believe me I am a die hard Steeler fan since I was 10 ( 1976 ) at an age when I started to get into sports and knowing my mother bless her soul who is in heaven ( 1944 - 2008 ) was from Pittsburgh. I was just saying, as they say in todays NFL , I seen indisputable evidence on the ball hitting Tatum but not Franco catching the ball, until now as quoted ( He caught the ball at his knees ) GO STEELERS AND GOD BLESS STEELER FANS

18. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    I wasn't questioning your fandom... just making an observation such as yourself!