1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Not a lot outside of Pittsburgh giving us much chance

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Snake, Jan 12, 2024.

1. Rocky Mtn

Rocky Mtn Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2023
    I think it's to the Steelers advantage that nobody gives them a chance. Play angry and loose.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The best way for the Steelers to win is run the ball 35-40 times, and get at least two turnovers from Josh Allen.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL. Did BeN touch You. You know We where in a hole when the center snapped it over his head into the endzone. I know its impossible for You to believe, but T Brady went to two SBs. ...., and had more turnovers than He had tds in the playoffs getting there.....you know why and how....because His freaking Defense didn't average giving up 40 points a playoff game. Amazing isn't it. Just because the Qb , or someone turns it over....you don't have to give up a TD.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I prefer my hall of fame QB to not throw 4 interceptions in a playoff game :shrug:.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    They were in a hole from the first offensive snap. Then the defense let the Browns score quickly and often and it was 28-0 before you sat down. The Browns offense scored 21 points on 12 offensive plays in the first quarter alone. Ben and the offense was in press mode the final 50 minutes of the game.

Yeah he threw 4 picks, but he was put in a position to do so by a horrendous defensive effort. The entire team sh!t the bed that game.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    No Watt, so I`m keeping my expectations low. The reason why we may have a chance is the run game. If you see our O-line pushing them back and opening holes for Harris early in the game, odds go way up we can win. If you don`t see that, have plenty of booze as you watch.

In any event, it`s been nice to have at least one more week of Steeler football. The off-season is soooo long.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Toughtown

Toughtown Active Member

Dec 2, 2015
    We're expecting video evidence of this...

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. OB1

OB1 Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2022
    Don't waste your time arguing over this topic. It's even dumber than people claiming Pickett has been great QB and has shown he's played better than Rudolph this season.

What amazes me is how deep fans develop love and hate relationships with players and turn off all brain functions... and resort to using emoticons:shrug:

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Any objective analysis points to a Bills win so it’s no surprise that nobody is giving them a chance. If I had to put my lottery winnings on one team right now I’d have to go with the Bills

That said there is a surprise result every WC weekend and the weather could add an unusual level of chance to the game. If the steelers can move the ball on the ground they have a chance.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2015
    Let’s be honest, a lot of us on this board after the NE loss didn’t give us a chance! As they always said, just get in, when we won as the 6th seed totally changed the mindset. Obviously much different team from then to now but it’s nice to be playing in mid January.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I think these guys are as sick of hearing about the record without Watt as much as I/we are.

I’m thinking they rally and come out with a different competative fore. The three edge guys are going to have something to prove individually.

If there is a lot of snow plus the high winds then this game will mostly be about running the ball, stopping the run, 1 or 2 pass plays and back breaking turn overs. THAT makes it a 50/50 game.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I hope the Steelers use the heavy package and run it right down Buffalo's throat GO STEELERS. Lets ride!

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. jeh1856

jeh1856 Just chilling

Oct 26, 2011
    Perfect example of why Ben although very good he certainly was not elite

Perfect example of why Bradshaw was better and the best the Steelers ever had

Sometimes but not often this needs to be repeated for those who forget

Last edited: Jan 13, 2024
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    PUNCH EM IN THE MOFO MOUTH

15. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I felt like we had a chance until Tomlin announced that Trubisky would get another start vs. the Colts. I was supportive of bringing him in back in 2022 at the money that we paid, but by the time the clock hit 00:00 vs. the Pats even Mitch’s mom was like “OK, time for the bench”

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    What’s will the Bills’ mindset be? They had to win several games in a row just to punch their ticket, and they were expected to compete for a championship. Will their sigh of relief at getting in after that streak take away their edge? We’re playing with house money IMO. That’s how I feel anyway. If the Steelers are loose and the Bills are tight… who knows?

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. jeh1856

jeh1856 Just chilling

Oct 26, 2011
    I had a good vibe this morning if anyone wants to bet based on my vibe

18. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    That's just great.;) The game is on Sunday not Saturday at 4:30, a time zone we dominated.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  20. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I can't believe the Cleveland Browns are actually a favorite in a Playoff game. I'm so looking forward to watching this game today.

I'd dig the hell out of a Steeler/brown AFCCG.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  21. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I thought we had a better chance before the weather turned. Allen can be a turnover machine, but if neither QB is throwing it, then the turnovers will likely not be there. It's going to come down to running the ball, and although I think we will run the ball pretty well, they have an extra weapon in the running game. We don't have a QB that can run.

Of course we have a shot though.

22. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Skip Bayless is the only national media guy that I've seen that picked the Steelers, he said the Steelers win 19-16. Keyshawn Johnson picked the Bills to win 35-0, he said the Steelers might get 10 points in garbage time to make the score 35-10.

• Informative Informative x 1
  23. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I agree with those guys at Steelersdepot the time to bench Trubisky was at halftime of the Patriots game.

• Agree Agree x 3
  24. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    It really is, the Bills were nearly counted out earlier in the season. Made some changes and probably are peaking at the perfect time. Except for confidence and that we did make it in with those 3 wins (and help), how much credence and you put on those wins, we played our best football, but the teams we played were not that great. That said you can only play whoever is in you schedule, and for many weeks we sucked against bad teams, lol. Without TJ it's obvious we are down even further, I think the weather can be more of an equalizer. It might really come down to basic football and who gets and capitalizes on TO's.

• Like Like x 1
  25. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Keyshawn is a CLOWN.:rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1