1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

NOT A GOOD LOOK…. STEELERS LACK OF DISCIPLINE

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelpens65, Jan 8, 2023.

1. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I was plenty critical of Cowher too. he was a neanderthal for much of his coaching career - outsmarted time and and time again.

entitled is the wrong word. and not to SB's per se. But we have underachieved for a long time, unless you are part of status quo

Last edited: Jan 10, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  2. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I was also, but he had to get to all those AFC championship games in order to lose them.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Cowher made winning by attrition an artform, like others talk about but never deliver. His ability to take the air out of the ball was Tom Brady-esque.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. Lloyd&Green

Lloyd&Green Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2015
    So what’s the standard that you’re holding this franchise to? Cowher took over in ‘92. So if you were disappointed and thought the team underachieved under Cowher and now Tomlin, then when were you ever satisfied? Do you realize that both Cowher and Tomlin have a higher win percentage than Noll? Outside of the dynasty run, what do you think the standard was under Noll?

I’m being generous by calling you entitled because I really think you’re motivated by something else. What you’re saying doesn’t even make sense. See, real Steelers fans know that the franchise was a laughing stock before the 70s. One of the worst franchises in the league. The team was less than mediocre from ‘33-70 with only a handful of winning seasons in that time period. They were literally called “lovable losers” until Noll and the boys arrived.

Again, calling so-called fans like you entitled is being generous. This is why I said “pretend to feel entitled” in my initial post. It’s fake entitlement used to try and cloak a personal bias against Tomlin. By any measure Tomlin has more than proved his worth as a coach and stamped himself as one of the best. The only people who can’t see that are those with ulterior motives that have nothing to do with football.

• Winner Winner x 1