1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Norv Turner's Game Plan

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Da Stellars, Dec 19, 2011.

1. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    What an amazing way of attacking the Ravens Defense by Norv and the Chargers? Could this be a blueprint or anything the Steelers could use to beat them in the future?

2. 4EvrH8O'donnel

4EvrH8O'donnel Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    I hate to beat a dead horse but BA is stuck in his owns ways on how to run the Steelers offense and Tomlin's just along for the ride.

3. Steeldefense08

Steeldefense08 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
  4. 43FOLyfe!

43FOLyfe! Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2011
    It worked against the Pats!

5. edog55

edog55 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Outstanding game plan by Norv, however, Arians is not in Norv's league and is to stupid to come up with such a game plan, not to mention to stubborn. Arians thinks he is the master of the passing game, has no knowledge on how to develop a running game.

6. RobVos

RobVos Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    They used motion to set the plays and know what the D was doing, vice Steelers using motion just for the sake of it.

7. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011

It seems so simple (to use motion to know what the D is going to do...) but it worked to perfection :good:

8. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    you are right about the steelers there motion is useless

9. Da Stellars

Oct 22, 2011
    I second this!!!

10. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    If Norv gets fired, hire him to take Arians spot immediately.

11. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Of course it would work ,but BA will refuse to do it......Someone above stated that it was easy ,but it really was not.....The Chargers actually studied the tape and studied the blitzes and the coverages that the Ravans like to use....

From there they made a plan of attack to force the CB they wanted into man coverage,,,,,the motion was a way to show the QB and the Receiver that now they have got what they want.....They probably practiced the same play 50 or so times against all the possible looks that the Ravens would show.....I am sure they had different plans for different looks ,but the Ravens kept going with the same look trying to get Suggs home and trying to cover 1 on 1,,,,they made them pay ,because they had a great plan and executed it greatly....

When we loose all you hear is we failed to execute,,,,,well our plan has looked the same almost every game for years now the only reason we win is because of the skill level of our players.....BA said it himself we spend a lot of time working on busted plays...... When We should be working on how to run plays that work instead...

Thats the problem with BA and it always will be,,,,he is Affraid to Coach Ben for starters,he has no Love for the running game,and he doesn't even watch tapes on the other Team as far as I can tell......Also he has no knowledge of situational play calling ,he has proved this time and time again....

And just for the record I will state there is no perfect OC ,But I don't think it is to much to expect a good one on the NFL level.......I know at least 10 Head Coaches down here in N.C. who swear that BA could not be the OC for them,,,,they all say similar things such as he doesn't know how to call plays,he doesn't know when to call plays and he has no ideal how to maximize strengths and minimize weaknesses....

BA is a joke and has cost this Team and us fans with his lack of knowledge......I would Love for NFL.COM to put him on a chalk board and show different looks and ask what the best plays would be and who the 1st reads should be,,,,,similar to how they do drafted QB'S at draft time.......I have no doubt that BA would fail misserably and the whole world would know just how bad he really is....

12. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    We used that formula successfully against the Pats and then never used it again. Go figure. Our best played game of the year and we never tried to duplicate it, yet alone build upon it.

13. bigplaywillygay

bigplaywillygay Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    :amen:
    I'm pretty sure some of us here on the board could take their play book and in 1 week devise a better game plan than BA.

14. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Wait a sec... we're saying that Norv Turner's gameplan was good but then we say that BA would never do it, so on and so forth. Shouldn't we be comparing Norv and MT in this discussion? Maybe it's Mike Tomlin who is too stubborn or absent as the leader of the team. I'm all for bashing BA, but if you are going to recognize a HC for a good gameplan, then lets call out the HC for not having a good gameplan.

15. bigplaywillygay

bigplaywillygay Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    The main problem I have with Tomlin is he shows no authority over his team and just delegates responsibilities. Of course I'm not there so its just speculation that he delegates. But the scarier option is that he actually agrees with BA's plans and goes along with them

16. Da Stellars

Oct 22, 2011
    Hey let's face it. Tomlin, like Cowher, is not and x's and o's guy... he more of a manger of men.

17. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    And also a Manager of Fools......

I do agree he is not a X and O guy he is a people guy......That's why we still have BA because Ben and the Cash Money Brothas or young Money Crew whatever the heck they call themselves lobbied for BA.....Tomlin and BA are probably friends and have a good working relationship as well so combine this with his lack to see just how bad BA is with X'S and O'S equals the same old same old we can move the ball ,but we can't score and 1 play never builds into the next play.............We have no Chess pieces only checkers and are using bottle caps for 4 or 5 of them..

The End result look at the waisted chances,,,,Next year Coach T needs to step up and cut the Fool who has been hurting us the whole time and get a Guy who is not affraid to Coach and who is not affraid to actually run a system,,,,if Ben bucks oh well it's time to build a Team where the O and the D work together......

Rule #1 for all players stop turning the Ball over......This should be preached over and over and over again until they get it........Similar to what Coach Boone did to Pete.....Ya killing me Pete ya exp. killing me,,,protect the ball or we will find someone who will........Ben is a gamer and wants to be on the field so he would bend to the stick if it was presented.....As of now his Mouth his Butt and any other orface one could find are filled with Carrots....

18. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    A lot of times. 'useless' motion helps the QB determine if it is man or zone coverage.