1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

nor's film study of the Vikings game 9/17/17

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by nor, Sep 18, 2017.

1. nor

nor Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2016
    IMG_6002.JPG IMG_6008.JPG IMG_6031.JPG The scouting report on the Vikings DL said they were weaker against the run than the pass so I don't blame Haley for trying to run Bell quite a bit in the first quarter.

2. nor

nor Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2016
    IMG_6044.JPG IMG_6046.JPG IMG_6047.JPG Here's the Bryant TD. See what happens when the DB plays too far back to keep Bryant from getting behind him deep? A simple slant gets Bryant wide open. Not to change the subject, but look at the excellent pass blocking by the Steeler OL on this play in the first picture.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
  3. nor

nor Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2016
    Here are some clips showing the versatility of JuJu. And I like it. First is a single photo of the crunching block on Harrison Smith that we've talked about a lot already. Second is a video showing JuJu in the backfield (?????) and the Steelers successfully made the Vikings jump offside on a fourth and one. The first time I think I've ever seen that work for the Steelers. JuJu was part of the deception plan. Third is a video of JuJu going in motion, only to come back across for the shuttle pass from Ben and the TD. Good route running and knowledge of the playbook. The fourth is a video showing downfield blocking. Doing your job, as Belichick would say. Fifth shows him lined up at yet another position, TE, and shows the potential mismatches we might get from that formation. Vikings try and cover him with and inside LB. Good luck with that. I foresee some big gains if all the other teams try the defend him like that. Pretty inviting. I'm sure Haley sees that and we'll see some pass plays to JuJu in the future out of that formation. Credit to JuJu for being able to line up in so many different positions. Sixth, is the crunching block on Harrison Smith. I love it. Seventh, is a quick pass to JuJu for a gain. The thing I like about this is JuJu's reliability. Catch the ball and get downfield. Didn't drop it. Didn't dance around and get stopped for a loss. I hope you enjoy these clips as much as I did.
    http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/09/film-room-juju-smith-schuster-wearing-many-hats/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+SteelersDepotBlog+(Steelers+Depot)

EDIT: Oops, I didn't see the link was already posted on another thread. Sorry.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017