1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Noah Fant

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by Blast Furnace, Nov 23, 2018.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Already looks good in black and gold.

I wouldn't in the first but if he's there in the second, I'd be on board with this. This guys going to be awesome.

Vance will be 29 next season and TE's out of college usually take a year to flourish at the NFL level. Putting Noah in a good spot to take over the following season.

2. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    PFF had him as our 1st round pick in their mock I saw recently. And the team just tried out TE Billy Brown so they are definitely looking to add to the TE room. Iowa has the hot hand for TEs recently with the way George Kittle is playing.

He will definitely be a guy to watch for pre-draft meetings etc

3. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  4. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Noah Fant is likely slotting himself into the early second round for the 2019 NFL Draft.

That kid is way too talented to be there by the time Pittsburgh is on the clock. Too many teams want their own Travis Kelce or Rob Gronkowski anymore.

5. Timbrr

Timbrr Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    I'm from Iowa and have watched all his games. The kid is the real deal. Block run and catch. He can do it all. A great a addition to the Steelers I would say.

6. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Maybe I’m in the minority here, but for me it’s at least a yellow flag when a college player bails on his bowl game.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011

noah fant TE
    terrill hanks LB

thats two. :smiley1::cool:

• Like Like x 1
  8. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    I was in the minority the other night when a few friends and I were talking about Deebo Samuel skipping South Carolina’s upcoming bowl game.

In my opinion, I have no problem with it. The only time I would have an issue with it is if my team was in the playoff, Which in that case most likely no player with would out on. I look at bowl games like a wild-card playoff game, except knowing before the game that win or lose the season is over. Why risk of losing millions of dollars if your projected to go high, to basically be playing in an exhibition game.

If it were me, I would sit down first with my head coach and talk to him about my thoughts. Assuming he was OK with that, I would then talk to my entire team and give them my reasoning for it. Most likely these guys are getting their teammates blessing for doing it

9. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I think we have more pressing needs than a TE.

10. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011