1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

No Sacks on Tebow...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Da Stellars, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    We don't have a strong pass rush anymore, we also do not create turnovers anymore.

How do we change this?

2. polyjb

polyjb Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    He had ALL day to throw. Inexplicable, except that it happened all year: see PALKO MONTANA, PAINTER MONTANA, and GABBERT MONTANA

3. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Really, we're so bad on the D line we should call it a "suck" instead of "sack". Accordingly, we really sucked tonight, not.

4. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Thing that gets me is we have 2 first round picks on the defensive line and we have no pass rush. I know our DE's aren't pass rushers persay and Heyward look like the real deal, but 2 first round picks on non-pass rushers is perplexing.

5. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    lol, ziggy doesn't rush the passer! He's a bystander! :popcorn:

6. deebs11

deebs11 Active Member

Nov 26, 2011
    I think the ziggy experiment is over...swing and a miss on him. He sucks

7. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    WE covered this in all the Smith threads last season and even into this season. Hood can not beat his man one on one. This allows for a dbl team on Hampton, a guard on Kiesel and the tackles do the hook hold on Harrison and Woodley. It has been several years since I have seen DL use the blitz from everywhere concepts he did in the past. THe opposing defenses can keep everything tight and with no gaps in the middle and no pressure there QB's have all the time they need. Smith almost demanded a dbl team which meant a more favorable match-up for OLB since they can overpower most TE's. When the were bringing pressure from DB's it seemed like the blitzers would run right into a block.