1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

No ring for you

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by STEELWINDS, Feb 2, 2022.

1. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey Everyone.

Thankfully another “deserter” will not be "piggybacking" his way to a Super Bowl Ring. I wrote about this about two weeks ago regarding the ex-Steelers’ players that “whined” their disgruntled tails out of Pittsburgh to play for a playoff contender instead of honoring the contract that they initially signed with us. In this case, I am specifically talking about Melvin Ingram for the Chiefs.

As I was watching the Chiefs/Bengals game, Collingsworth was sweating his nuts as he made a sack and followed up with a tipped pass. He went on about how “great” of a “pick-up” he was for the Chiefs. It would have been refreshing for him to mention how he whined his way out of Pittsburgh.

I made a list of those whiners in another thread. LeGarrette Blount and Antonio Brown (via Las Vegas > New England > Tampa Bay) did in fact get rings. Personally, if I was the Steelers’ Brass, I would have sat Ingram for the rest of the year, swallowed his salary and stood my ground. This has happened too many times for me. Let him start next year with whatever team he wants to play for, but it isn’t going to happen again to us. It makes the Steelers look soft IMO to cave into these guys.

I realize that my idea to sit Ingram for the rest of the season would have had financial ramifications but again a precedent has to be established for other players coming here to play for us. The lesson here is to honor the contract.

STEELWINDS
    The East Side Kid

2. FosterMorris

FosterMorris Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    The Steelers signed Ingram as an UFA and got a 6th for him.

The reason he was traded is that he was a backup causing problems over playing time. Just get rid of him ASAP. I think tolerating players with Ingram's garbage attitude looks way, way, way worse.

Did you see Ingram arguing with Chris Jones on the sideline? I can't remember which playoff game it was. It looks really bad to me to have a player who has been there half a season running his mouth to a veteran Pro Bowler who has been there 6 seasons.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Ingram, like Blount, did not complete a full season with us.... I can't consider them as Steelers, let alone traitors

• Like Like x 1
  4. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Not surprising. Ingram still has the stink of the Chargers on him!

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    What do you feel the end result was, or should have been:
    A. We got rid of him so future situations can be avoided as the precedent is Steelers don't put up with cancers, or
    B. The precedent is now that if you want to get out of Pittsburgh, just act like you want to leave?
    C. Should have kept him no matter what the costs, i.e. divisive locker room with never ending and constant ESPN hit pieces about how the Steelers hate their players along with all their usual inciteful BS?

To me, we just need to do a better job of who we bring on the team because once a problem arrives, there's nothing good that comes from it, usually. JMO>

• Like Like x 1
  6. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Another media BS headline. You call that a SCUFFLE? When I think of a scuffle, I'd at least expect a couple of shoves back and forth with some others getting in between, no? JMO>

7. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022
    Excellent points.
    Some guys just don't fit in. It's just that simple.
    Antonio Brown - This guy just went frigging bonkers. I don't care what he says, he's got mental issues.
    Laveon Bell - Another guy whose ego just went berserk.
    Those guys could have had the keys to the city that worshipped them. They went off and never really had any more success.

Ingram was a problem in Charger's locker room.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. FosterMorris

FosterMorris Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    I called it "arguing."

• Like Like x 1
  9. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Ingram make " a couple plays " with the Chiefs...He wasn't good...I can't remember his overall stats, but they weren't good! Only a couple sacks, in like 14 games? If I remember right

• Like Like x 1
  10. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Or the lesson would be don't sign with Pittsburgh

Hack