1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

No recent talks between Bell and Steelers

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by strummerfan, Jan 28, 2018.

1. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
  2. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    He will get tagged again
    He will skip training camp again
    He will rap about he needs 17 million per season, because he's the second WR on the team

• Like Like x 1
  3. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

I would prefer they didn’t tag him again, but if they do that’s fine. Signing him to a long term contract really doesn’t make any sense. He’s already got a ton of mileage on him and a couple injuries. A long term deal at this point is a seriously high risk move for a rb..

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Too bad snoop dog won't drop real rhymes about the steelers needing that 17 per to go to the side of the ball that needs it. The O survives and probably does pretty well without Bell... The D will continue to creep and crawl without the financed attention it needs.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    A little skeptical of that report. His Twitter feed reported the below story 4 days ago and nothing since to refute that.

6. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

I read an article the other day speculating there was nothing to Bell’s claim and it was just a move on his part to save face. Have the Steelers ever ended a season and immediately started negotiating with a player? It’s always exit interviews, senior bowl, etc and then contract negotiations.

7. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Still not a peep from the Steelers Organization about this whole contract thing.

I understand both sides, let him go and use the money on defense ect. or franchise him and rob Peter to pay Paul. Or maybe just maybe someone will negotiate and hand us two 1st rounders.

I agree a long term deal would be a cap breaker with the money he wants, and can he be trusted?

Can this Offense thrive without Bell? Without a doubt. Would it be that much better with Bell? Absolutely.

So many needs. ILB, FS, OT, NT, OLB, RB yikes... Defensive needs are many.

Plus Boswell and Chickillo are RFA. Gotta put the high tender on Boswell and really he needs a new contract. I would like to see Chickillo stick around.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I don't know. Just weird that Schefter wouldn't have it on his feed. Sounds like Depot is taking a quote from last year. I remember Schefter reporting that back then.

9. dobbler-33

Nov 13, 2011
    I'm gonna say this... Bell is not gonna break this team if he is not here. He possibly can if he stays. He doesn't have "my" preferred attitude, which doesn't mean **** and I know it. He does have a history though, both injuries and stupidity. Along with a lot of racked up mileage that historically is not a rb's best friend.
    He's an over used primo athlete that is rarely given a blow and a piece of the team that our team refuses to apply a longevity mind set with. Kind of makes me think they don't have him in their long term plans the way they've ran him into the ground to get the most juice from the squeeze. He's a dump off receiver, not a legit WR and shouldn't be accommodated as such so save that non sense.

Our money guy is pretty good all things considered but I think this has Woodley 2.0 written all over it. Not a great idea to invest long term... Especially if he has not reconsidered his asinine contract desires.

We need to upgrade the D period. Not turn into the Colts during mannings reign. This O will be fine and their are options to shore up the running game that won't handcuff the team.

It's all about upgrading the D and fixing some O terminology. It'll work... We shall see. Pretty done with buyers remorse. We got some pieces time to redefine the terminology around the club house and right the ship.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. dobbler-33

Nov 13, 2011
    Long and short of it, I'm pretty okay with Bell going elsewhere.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

It’s somethignschefter said before the game today.

12. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    The media machine strikes again. I think they make it up as they go. I just ignire it anymore. Last week it was reported by multiple people they were happy on both sides and looked promising.

I guess no talks recently mean since last time adam was on the air

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

You fake news people kill me. They reported what Bell said nothing more and nothing less. If it comes out Bell’s claim was false your ire should be directed at Bell, not the people reporting his claims.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.c...ar-in-contract-talks-franchise-tag-rumors-nfl

Not mad at anyone. Nobody checks anymore. If bell tweeted that he was presented an offer should u not verify that before you quote his tweet?

They report what is current and try to get the scoop. They dont verify and if they did, then my original statement is correct. No progress since shefty was on air lol

15. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    If they don't think they can get Bell signed to a longterm deal, then they will probably use another high draft pick on a RB this year.

16. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    we'll find out soon enough...... the organization put a 2/20 deadline on a deal

17. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Just as I suspected.

18. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Until someone PROVES to me they have as just as good option at RB than I want to sign Bell. We have had other guys there Dwill, Fitz and so on but they do not offer the same to this offense. This offense is different without Bell plain and simple, we had our chance last year to draft a player with Bells skill set and we did not. The Steelers knew this could happen again and they ignored it, nothing against Connor but he don't have the same skill set. We are on a short time frame with Ben so getting a new RB imo is dumb, we have the best offense with Bell so why change that?

Yes I know we need help on D and we need money but check the other threads there is ways to fix that and sign Bell. Heck it starts with getting rid of cinder block Mittchell.........not Bell!!!!!!

19. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Such a shame, we won all these super bowls with the 3 Bs lol

20. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Wow so I guess it is the 3 B's fault they can't cover or tackle over the years? How about all the injuries over that time frame as well? Sorry can't blame the 3 B's for not trying as a matter of fact how did they do in the last game they played???? Not willing to take away from our strength to improve our weakness......take away from our weakness, Mitchell 8 mil is a great place to start!!!!!!!!

21. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

How many points did Ben give the jaguars again? Who is replacing Mitchell?

22. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Cracker Jack.jpg

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  23. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

I hope you get your wish. That way you can spend another season whining about tomlin, lake, and porter.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  24. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Our offense never lived up to the hype. Now if randy gets us 1st in ppg then yea I’ll be excited

25. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Yeah and how points is he responsible for giving the Steelers.......come on man name me a Qb who hasn't thrown an INT or a pick 6! Are you saying we are better off with Jone at QB and not Ben cause I feel like your putting the blame on Ben and not the D!!!!! As for who is replacing Mitchell I will say yet again like I have said in other threads when people as the same question......just about anyone! I would start at FA and look at Byrd and see how much he will cost as well as the draft

Let me also add Boston and Reid to the list of FA who I would replace cinder block Mitchell with and also draft one as well!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018