1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

No playoffs for the Steelers = a good thing

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Benny Lava, Jan 8, 2023.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Why???

2. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    and this is unique to Burrow?

3. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    Allen is not as accurate throws too many picks forces too much. Don’t get me wrong he’s a great QB and I’m sure they will win it all after the incident.

4. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Very seldom do I agree with some... *ahem*.. select members... but I will have to concede on the notion of Trevor Lawrence. Mind you Trevor was anointed as the "Next One" even during his days as a High School Freshman. Every form of competition he ever played against was literally a kids game as he was nigh unstoppable... save for his Junior Season in College. His Rookie Campaign in the NFL should not be counted against him as Urban Meyer makes Kliff Kingsbury look like Andy Reid. Doug Pederson (a Head Coach I have little respect for) turned not just the Jaguars around but Trevor as well; a major component of bringing more of Trevor's ability into the fold.

In short?! Trevor's talent and ceiling is on another level than Kenny's as there is simply so much more to work with overall with Trevor Lawrence than there is Kenny Pickett. That said and, as you stated, to say that Kenny cannot become more in the future is just silly. If for one thing, if there is one aspect that Kenny has down that I still need to see more of from Trevor??.... clutch factor. Trevor does have it.... just not to the same frequency that I have seen from Kenny thus far.

5. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Didn't see the final drive against the Ravens did ya?

6. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    To me the AFC is loaded with good young QBs that KP will have to really step up to prove he belongs in the mix . Maybe he can maybe he can’t but getting rid of Canada would be a huge start to helping him reach his ceiling. Remember Kenny is an older rookie so we need to maximize him starting next season.

Tier 1:
    Allen
    Mahomes
    Burrow
    Herbert

Tier 2:
    Lawerence
    Lamar (if healthy or under contract)

I think KP falls into that 3rd tier with question marks like

Tua? Looked very good early on but concussions might have ruined him moving forward.

Watson? Looked like crap for the most part but with a full camp and season ahead of him he could bounce back?

Wilson? Looked so bad but did play a little better end of the year can he turn it around next year?

Mac Jones? I don’t think he’s a long term answer but I’m sure Pats fans feel similar to him as I do KP.

I could see KP as the 7th best AFC QB next year with a chance to overtake Lamar and become 6th (I don’t think Lamars style can win playoff games and he is already breaking down)

Im also seeing Brady or Rodgers may go to the Raiders so we will have to see how that looks the Raiders do have offensive talent.

7. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    I was at the game…

8. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    This time next year Lawrence will comfortably be in Tier 1... Lawrence has so much more potential than some of those guys in Tier 1 now. Lawrence has scary potential. He was deemed "NFL ready" after his freshman year at Clemson. I hate to sound like the younger generation nor chill on a recency bias tip, but Lawrence has GOAT type potential.

As for KP... I could see him finishing in a tier 2 this time next season or he can be stagnant. Hard to say exactly.

• Like Like x 1
  9. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Shouldn’t matter if he’s not a rb right?

10. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022
    I always thought so.
    But I viewed his game against the Titans and that was one of the poorest performances. He was simply, awful.
    He did have 2 throws that were nice strikes, but everything else was way off and completely missed wide open TD passes, and open routes.
    Very disappointing performance which is being shooed away. Maybe this was an anomaly. The Titans were going to win that one.

He does have the opportunity to redeem that mess when the Chargers come to town, and Herbert will make him look very bad if he repeats that Titans mess.

Notes:
    - Lawrence does have a coach that will dedicate efforts to give him the best chances. He does believe in Lawrence.
    - I was always a huge fan of Lawrence. I hate that he is in Jacksonville though.

11. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

:hmm:

Cap?!

12. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018

Attached Files: