1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

No one allowed to criticize Tomlin

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Watt Wack, Jan 15, 2018.

1. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    This. Shazier going down made it very difficult.

No stops no sacks and no turnovers you’re not winning.

2. SteelersUK

SteelersUK Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2017
    Our D crumbled when we lost Shazier. Lacked pace, lacked leadership and became unorganised.

What annoyed me the most this year was that the team lacks discipline, and that stems down from the coaching.

Why can’t we cut the bull**** media talk, cut the hype and just go about our business in a quiet, humble way and stay professional and solely concentrate on the task in hand.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. TomlinSux

TomlinSux Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Is this a joke? I hope so, because if not, I would be embarrassed to show my face until next season and the AFC team should boycott being coached (and I say that loosely) by these morons. That being said, I pray to God there are new faces to be seen within the Steelers coaching ranks next year!

4. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Not a joke....well maybe some of it but not all of it....but maybe all of it I wouldn't be surprised....

Steelers coaches and Saints coaches no joke...

5. TomlinSux

Oct 8, 2017
    Excellent points, but unfortunately that common sense approch is not within the Steeler coaching DNA. Tomlin and his band of Merry Men are a joke. Nice to see this garbage finally seeng the light of day. Tomlin should not get a pass on this junk. Colin’s report was spot on!

• Like Like x 1
  6. TomlinSux

Oct 8, 2017
    SMDH:bitetongue:

7. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    If no one is allowed to criticize Tomlin, how come there are 15 threads here doing just that?
    Worked from home had sports talk radio on all day, Tomlin criticism was the topic-du-jour. went on ESPN.com and Stephen A Smith is ripping the guy.

That's a lot of criticism for a guy you're not allowed to criticize.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2017
    Oh there will be changes!Just don’t expect it to be Tomlin because whether you think he deserves to be fired or not,Art Rooney ll will not do it!Position coaches and coordinators,without a doubt!

9. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    but they spent a week on fixing the deep ball. well they need a few more. 1 man shouldn't devastate an NFL defense like that. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

You might be right if we were a great defense to begin with, but we weren’t. We were average at best with some major issues. Take away a player of shazier’s Caliber and those issues are magnified.

11. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Steelers gave up one deep ball. How many did the Jags give up? Deep ball didn't cause them to lose. It was 3rd down conversions and unable to stop them in the redzone.

Bortles passed for 214 yards, didnt light us up by any stretch of the imagination. He was just efficient when it mattered most or our defense sucked when it mattered most.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Deep ball prep was for the cheats...

13. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Bullcrap Tomlin has been criticized nationally and locally after the Jags game. Those clowns on Foxsports saying Ben is trying to get Tomlin fired :facepalm:.

14. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    Sure they are but we had some other options and they didn't utilize them. That's two years in a row we just stayed with what got us there because we didn't think we had the personnel to change. The patriots lost both starting lbers and are still contending. :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

If those options were better then they would have played. How many points did Brady give the titans?

16. Bradydaphonedestroyer

Bradydaphonedestroyer Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2017
    TOMLIN COST THE STEELERS THE PATS GAME..BY HIS STUPID PLAY CALLING

17. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    how would we know if those options were better or not. wilcox didn't even dress. gay wasn't tried at FS. hilton was told by MT to learn both safety spots yet when we needed one he never saw the field in that capacity. we had options for the defensive backfield yet mitchell remained the starter. we had dangerfield on the PS that was on the team last year never to be called up this year. we could have and should have made some moves to get better players on the field and didn't. mike mitchell was putrid this year and you can't tell me he was the best we had at the time. whats brady have to do with it? ben spotted them 7. the play calling gave them even more. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

Ben spotted them 14. They(coaches) see all of the guys you mentioned in practice everyday. If you perform well in practice you play. If you don’t... That’s how it works. Did you ever stop to think Hilton might not have been able to learn both safety positions? Moving him weakens us at one spot while hoping he’s an improvement at another.

19. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    for the jags game we were not really worried about the slot receiver. how much would hiltons move weakened us? doing nothing surely didn't strengthen us.:cool:

20. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    Not worrying about a position is a sure fire way to get burned.

21. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    and we did. :cool:

22. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I think the stat is 3-8 in our last 11 playoff games. That includes a win against Miami (lol ) the Chiefs who we own and the Bengals who by the way had to totally implode for us to get that game. How would you guys be feeling about Tomlin if we had lost that one too along the way? All of this with a franchise QB and some me pretty damn good players. We have lost more than out fair share of games during the season to teams we had no business losing to,thus effecting playoff seedlings and favorable matchups and outcomes. As our talent level increases the results seem to stay the same ....coaching?

I'm tired of the narrative that the coaches always know better than the fans because they are there everyday. There have been plenty of asinine decisions made by coaches,ones that make no sense no matter how close you are to the field. My fear is we are becoming like the Bengals albeit with a Hall of Fame QB.
    Our discipline and our actions and our lack of playoff success is trending in that direction.

It's one thing to lose in the playoffs but to come out unprepared after a bye is unacceptable. Factor in all the idiotic trash talk and actions of some of our guys and it's flat out embarrassing. A team gets their discipline and focus from their HC and you can't win without that. Tomlin came in as a disciplinarian but has gone soft I have my doubts he can right the ship. He needs to take a long look in the mirror and acknowledge his shortcomings. Guys need to be held accountable for their actions,starting with himself. People make mistakes, identify,acknowledge,accept then make the necessary changes. He doesn't admit his mistakes he just talks around them and claims that's how he's made and that he would do the same thing again. Making the same bad decisions over and over isn't somehow gonna make it right....

23. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
  24. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
  25. TomlinSux

Oct 8, 2017
    You are right about that. He won’t be fired until there is a total melt down or he leaves on his own accord. Too bad we are stuck with this joker for some time!