1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

No need to watch this year, this team isn't serious about a SB(Nelson >> Juju)

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SDOT, Mar 20, 2021.

1. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Right, and that's why it should have been handled the first time it happened, either by his teammates and/or the head coach. A lack of discipline has been a monumental problem within this team for years. Ben wants to play his way, AB wants his catches, Bryant wants "minez" and Juju wants to "build his brand". It's all about "me", "my", "I", not winning a championship with the Pittsburgh Steelers.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    And that starts at the top but we all know TOMLIN has a lifetime contract. Veteran players could also step up but these guys all learn from Popcorn so it’s a culture problem with no end in sight.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Agree to disagree.

Joe Haden is in decline. That much was shown in the second half of the season. Terrell was on the upswing all season in 2020.

Barring injury, expect that to continue in 2021.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    They have moved JuJu around since he got here because he can play inside and out. This year he played the most he has from the slot but he still had 38 receptions for 301 yards and 6 TD’s playing out wide.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    No one is telling Juju how to live his life. Pretty much everyone on here has said they do not care what Juju does with his spare time.

Conduct that is detrimental to team success is a different story. Obviously his conduct has been detrimental or we wouldn't be talking about it.

I like Juju. This may not be the best place for him. I think he needs a little more discipline for him to reach his full potential as a player. Once he is done playing ball no one is going to give a **** about his brand.

• Like Like x 1
  6. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    This is it exactly. I don't care if it's youth football, high school, college, or the pros. You can not win a championship with the complete lack of discipline that is on display here year after year.

I want to win. Jujus brand will develop over time, through being a huge contributor to a winning team. Right now Jujus brand is that of a clown.

• Like Like x 1
  7. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Edmunds will likely have a good year in 2021 like Dupree did in 2019. Things started to click with Bud.. and I have a feeling Edmunds is going to break out with a pro-bowl performance in 2021. Of course, the Steelers won't be able to sign him in '22, because of Ben's dead money.

*flame suit ON to repel Formerscribe's inevitable verbal onslaught*

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I disagree with that, pretty much everyone under the sun tells this guy to stop using Tik tok and gives him a hard time about it.

They were 11-0 while he was doing the logo dancing so I don’t know how detrimental his behavior has been to the team, and when it became a problem he stopped.

I think this is the most overblown story I have seen in quite a while, JMO.

• Like Like x 1
  9. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    I wouldn't call last season a "breakout" season for Edmunds. But he certainly did improve. I think Edmunds ceiling is that of an above average NFL safety. I don't see him as a top 3 guy. I am hoping he surprises us.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Directly, you're correct. However, indirectly, fans do have a say on how much support they provide a team, either through watching, buying team apparel, ticket sales, or however one invests financially or otherwise in supporting their team or an individual player. The players are professional athletes, sure, but, their paycheck is more related to entertainment and the supply/demand concept. There is a line that separates wanted entertainment from acting like an idiot that upsets people and this line is different with each fan. Do I wish JJSS acted more like an adult some times, sure, since he is influencing minds that don't know better. For me, I have more important things to worry about than what he has done so far. But, I'll still support him and if I was in the market to get another Steelers jersey, I wouldn't buy his.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2021
  11. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Opinions vary. If I were on a team and someone did that on my field, I'd be pissed and looking for that A-hole on the field. I wouldn't care what his intent was, it would be what I think it is, and it's not a good one. But that is just me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    T. Edmunds had less tackles,and less assists than the year before (which was terrible).
    Yet last year was his great breakout year?
    I'm really not seeing what you see. Just go back 2 about half the Tds given up last year. He had something 2 do with most.
    Believe me...I'm a freaking Steelers fan. I want him 2 be great.
    The only thing I've seen get better since we drafted him is we got M. Fitzpatrick.

13. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    It`s worth watching for the effectiveness of the rebuild. It would be great if after this coming and 2022 draft we would end up potent on the run game and defense. Yeah, not serious for a Super Bowl, but still worth watching.

14. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    You and I are beating a dead horse at this point. But here is where I think the disconnect lies.

I don't think anyone is telling Juju to stop using Tik tok. I think people want to see Juju show more maturity and professionalism. There's a difference. Juju can do both.

In the last two seasons. Juju got injured. Disappeared from the team during his injury, yet was seen attending numerous college parties, at different universities. His Tik tok thing blew up, which was fine until he started doing it on the field and in the locker room. Then after all that calmed down he called out the Browns before the playoff game. There is a pattern developing here, that isn't a good one.

JJSS is a good player and he seems like a nice kid. The criticism he is taking should be taken as constructive. He can play football, and be a Tik tok star if he can learn to separate the two.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2021
  15. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    I don`t know about the Ratbirds being that good. I think they could fall back a notch from last year.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Don’t underestimate large groups of stupid people.

17. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    This is a frequent occurrence around here.

18. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    Yeah and all to often it seems like I'm the one holding the bat. Lol

• Like Like x 1
  19. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Meh, that only exciting with a new QB so we will have to wait until Bens gone for that. Hopefully they will draft a few players for the big picture moving forward but that's not really a rebuild.

20. zcoop

zcoop Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2018
    :facepalm: :lolol:

21. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    That and doom and gloom predictions.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    I'm a little perturbed James Washington isn't getting a shot. The guy was a second round pick and plays well when on the field.

So with JuJu coming back where does James Washington fit in?

4th WR?

That's a bunch of BS the man's ready to play ball and would have done it at a fraction of the cost to bring back Juju

23. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I think the team is serious but they are hamstrung by the cap big time. Once they get through 2021 the cap situation flips. Next season could be ugly but it took losing seasons to get Troy and Ben. Just one of those deals.

24. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    I have a good case for being "doom and gloom" in 2021. There's plenty of obvious evidence of an inevitable Steelers decline. Obviously.

25. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

This comment is arguably the most ironic one of 2021 for TheSteelersFans Forum from the self proclaimed "Prophet of Doom".

• Like Like x 1