1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

No need to watch this year, this team isn't serious about a SB(Nelson >> Juju)

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SDOT, Mar 20, 2021.

1. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Yeah I really don't care what he does, but I really didn't like the dancing on the emblem of other teams. Was a little 2 much T.O. 2 me. Of course that's just my opinion.
    All in all I really like the kid.
    I think he's hard nose.
    So I can look over somethings.

• Like Like x 1
  2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    If we resign T. Edmunds.....:butcher:
    You talking about upset. Mr. Someone welded my hips 2 my shoulders.
    He's got 2 have one Hell of a year this year ,or I'd let him go.

3. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Implying 2020 was not a hell of a year?! Terrell Edmunds had his breakout season in 2020. I get that you do not like him but give him his due at least.

For that matter, here is something else to consider. Terrell Edmunds has the same amount of INT's in one season as Jamal Adams does his entire career. Keep in mind that many repute Jamal Adams to be the best Strong Safety in all of football (I personally say Budda Baker by I digress).

I would say Terrell is in for a Pro Bowl Season in 2021. As I said before and, I will say again; do not be surprised if Terrell turns out as a Top 3 Strong Safety by the end of 2021. His breakout in 2020 was just the start.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 2
  4. StillCurtain

StillCurtain Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2018
    There's just a few things I will be looking for next season and those are:
    1. we continue to see players and coaches with undisciplined approaches to the game
    2. remain unprepared and unable to make solid gametime adjustments
    3. Terrible clock management and losing to inferior teams
    4. Keep the officiating challenges numbers the same (right now tomlin has only won 36 of 82)
    5. But first and foremost allow the players to be free to express themselves even if it provides bulliten board material for the other team

If these all fall into place and are accompanied with either missing the playoffs with at least a 8-8 record or losing first round of the playoffs I will know the standard is still the standard and we should just be happy we got a coach that can say he's never had a losing season with a hall of fame qb who also I might add has never had a losing season and was with the team before tomlin.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    He and his agent are to blame. They were the ones who put out there that he turned down “significantly” better offers from other teams. I don’t see how 1 million more is significant in the scope of professional athletes. They wanted to push that narrative that he turned down big money to stay in Pittsburgh which is not the case. They even tried to initially make it look like the Eagles pushed for him but his agent is the one who called the eagles and they said no. It was so it didn’t look like he failed to get what he thought he was worth and didn’t come back to Pittsburgh primarily cause of that. He would have never entertained other teams if that was the case.

6. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I have no doubt he will, he's still the most surehanded WR they have, and he's good on third downs.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Why would Banner need a new deal? He signed a 2 year deal, they might sign JuJu to a longterm deal next year, I agree Washington is probably gone.

• Like Like x 1
  8. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    I like Juju and what he brings to the field. Off field I could care less. The logo dancing was just stupid. immature and selfish period. How about if he did sign somewhere else and came to our house and did a logo dance? Guess you all would be shucks that just Juju hahaha... Que a James Harrison smasher...

I just believe they could have gone on without him and saved the 8 mill. Wouldn't it be great if they had some reserves in 2022? And not so pressed up or over the cap where they have to restructure ect.? I would like to see that.

This team is not going to the Super Bowl. Let Ben have his ride off, rebuild a solid offensive line and have a running threat. The North is getting stronger.

I feel that James Washington could have filled the role for Juju.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    We are in rebuild mode imo. This year is the goodbye tour for Ben and Juju. That's what's going to fill the stadium not a true contender.

We need to focus on o-line. Give them a year or two head start on our future QB.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Right on, man. Doesn't matter what they do or say as Pittsburgh Steelers. Who cares? In fact, they should do WWE style shoot interviews. Can't win, might as well be entertaining.

11. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

:facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Banner's two year deal really is a one year prove deal if anything. Furthermore, 2022 is when the Cap explodes. I seriously doubt Banner himself is ignoring that; doubly so if he can prove it.

13. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    james hasn't shown it yet.:cool:

14. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Wouldn’t care in the least. Intent matters. He was just busting a move for his videos, I never saw it as him trying to disrespect other teams and 10 other teams didn’t think he was either.

I think 8 million is a steal for him so that doesn’t bother me either and hopefully they sign him long term. Also, with the cap set to go way up, that 8 million won’t make much of a difference.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    We are going 2 have 2 agree 2 disagree. LoL.
    Because I really want 2 ask what games you were watching, and that is not a kind thing 2 say.
    So let us agree 2 disagree. :smiley1:

16. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    Maybe his QB can throw more than 5 yards down field.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  17. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    So you see this team as a SB contender?

18. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I think jamal is highly overrated. He's a liability in coverage. He's a good box safety, a thumper, and good at playing around the line of scrimmage. He's really good at blitzing as well. But he cannot cover. It depends on where you consider honey badger because I think he's the best safety period. Free or strong.

Terrell played pretty good last yr. He's good in the role now that they have a true eraser at safety in minkah. Minkah can play single high which allows Edmunds to roam around the box and make plays. Kinda like what Kam chancellor did for Seattle because they had earl Thomas. He's not Kam chancellor but he's in that same role and seems to fit it well. His coverage still is questionable but he did improve more in that position this year.

19. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Seems like once the fans started busting his balls on social media he was made to stop real quick?
    All his antics were 100% extra motivation for the opposing team.

20. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    What’s going on here, I agree with all of that. That’s two in two days.

upload_2021-3-22_14-33-4.gif

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  21. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Don’t think the fans had anything to do with that, it was the noise Buffalo and Cincy were making about it and then he stopped or Tomlin stopped him.
    Either way, it came to an end. Why would he stop before that if no one was upset by it.

I still think Cincy and Buffalo were being pansy asses about it, only ones to complain.

Now if he continued to do it the rest of the season knowing the distraction it had become, I could be more agreeable with other fans about it.

22. shadowmaker

shadowmaker Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    What games were you watching? Ben was throwing some laser strikes long balls and they couldnt catch a d*mn cold....none of them. I dislike Tomlin but even Tomlin mentioned it.

Is it too early to say "Sign him, sign everybody".....asking for a friend.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    Doubtful when the QB is a year older version of Ben. Certainly some of the criticism for JuJus pathetic AYPC is Ben and the offensive scheme. The other part is JuJu has to play in the slot because he isn’t good enough to beat #1 CBs on the outside.

24. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    That depends on the routes, we find a different release valve that can catch then that frees him up to dance on the probowl logo. :lolol:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  25. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    :roflmao:
    Sorry AQL, but no. Not with Haden & Minkah on our defense.

• Like Like x 1