1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

No need to watch this year, this team isn't serious about a SB(Nelson >> Juju)

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SDOT, Mar 20, 2021.

1. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Strawman argument right there. The next time I get a speeding ticket I'm going to look at the cop and say "At least I didn't rape or kill anyone.".

Other teams took exception with Juju's antics last year. They should all change too I guess.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    Maybe Tik Tok boy can average 9 yards a catch this season :lolol:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Sure, that’s the same thing. Good comparison :thumbs up:

Get used to it, JuJu isn’t changing. Hope he Tik Toks his ass off and keeps pissing people off.

5. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Shouldn’t be a problem, the OC that had him running the shortest routes of any receiver is gone.

Even with that, JuJu was 4th best in yac.

But hey, Tik Tok.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    That's the point.

• Winner Winner x 2
  7. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    So JuJu should live his life how the fans say?

Wonder how you guys would respond to people telling you how to live.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    4th best?

Attached Files:

9. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Tbh the whole class was weak. The only game changer was trent Williams.

10. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Considering Maryland has like a 2.5% higher tax rate than pennsylvania he wasnt even probably going to see that extra million. Why do you keep mentioning that like he turned a significant amount of money down?

11. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Yes, among WR’s

12. The Sodfather

Nov 17, 2014
    I could give a frog's fat a$$ if the dude lives under a bridge and worships turnips. How he is permitted to conduct himself on company time is the issue, and the fact that he likely will continue to do so under Tomlin is a microcosm of why this team is undisciplined and mentally soft. And it has nothing to do with eras, or "old" fans versus "new". "Yinzers" versus "non-yinzers". It's a question of respect, period.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    LOL omg, stop. It’s sad how hard you are trying to diminish a player taking less money. It’s not common and even you know that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Get real, he stopped dancing on the logos and he’s still catching **** for it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    A million isn't something people write home about in that world and because your acting like if a kenny golladay type of deal wasn't thrown in front of him he wouldn't have took that. He didnt lose out on much.

16. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Idk why people have a problem with any of that. On this I agree with you but a lot of people are old school when it comes to this type of stuff.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    That's still doesn't add up among wrs because I just looked at the list and several receivers are ahead of him in YAC. I think that nextgen stat is stating hes 4th highest among percentage of yards coming from YAC. Not YAC itself.

18. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    You put him in a no win situation though. He’s not going to turn down a 18 million contract and when he turns down a lesser amount, it’s nothing special.

That just sounds like people that don’t like him not wanting to give him any credit.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    It’s based off of depth of target.

No matter how it’s sliced up, he did a pretty good job with yac.

20. The Sodfather

Nov 17, 2014
    Well, him running his mouth about the Browns before that disaster of a playoff game clearly illustrates that he (or Claypoole) didn't learn a damn thing about respect. But, you think he's cute and funny, so by all means, carry on. After all, Tik Tok and Instagram are the new Black & Gold.

• Like Like x 1
  21. The Sodfather

Nov 17, 2014
    Read the rest of my posts. I cannot for the life me of understand why discipline and respect are terms that are so hard to understand. Those two concepts have nothing to do with new versus old, they are timeless concepts. You can't have a winning program with the AB's and Juju's of the world saying and doing whatever the hell they want. It doesn't work that way. You think Belichick would put up with it? 6 Lombardi's say his way works.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  22. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016
    The most interesting aspect of all of this is that James Washington is likely gone come 2021 as I doubt that, even with the influx of cash available, the Steelers are not likely keeping him. T.J. Watt, Minkah Fitzpatrick, Terrell Edmunds (presumably) and Zach Banner all need their deals done. Possibly Chuks but I seriously doubt Pittsburgh leaves the 2021 NFL Draft without an Offensive Tackle taken within the first three rounds.

If anything, Pittsburgh drafting a Wide Receiver in either Rounds two or three is very likely. As such, losing Smith Schuster would have been immense and likely have altered Pittsburgh's Draft Plans in a big way. Personally, I am quite happy Smith Schuster stayed as this takes some of the pressure off of the Front Office to find another Wide Receiver early. Now the team can likely focus on other assets in the draft; Offensive Lineman being tops of the list.

Either way, JuJu is back and Nelson is gone; Pittsburgh likely going to a number of Pro Day's this week to solve their Cornerback issues. They are as follows:

1.) March 24th. University of South Carolina Pro Day (Jaycee Horn)

2.) March 26th. Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (Caleb Farley)

That is pretty much the short list. Granted, I expect neither to be available at pick 24. That said, Caleb Farley has an outside shot of actually making it that far. Very seldom do I trust Twitter for information but this source does have some interesting insight.

While this one really is not a source but a given, it still does bear giving the credit for helping me find the above...

Again, have serious doubts about Caleb Farley even making it that far but if he does?!?!..... I really cannot see any scenario in which the Steelers pass up on him.... unless Christian Darrisaw is also there.

23. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    The funny thing is, if it weren’t for people complaining about his Tik Tok, I wouldn’t even know about it :shrug:

So no, I don’t really have an opinion on his videos one way or the other. What little I have seen of them, some are weird and some are funny, I don’t give it any thought until I see people squawking about it.

Faceless men is a Tomlin quote and the other thing he said, there was something I don’t remember what it was but that one made me cringe a little, it wasn’t they have a couple of players, it was something else but that’s how unimportant it is to me, can’t even remember it.

Claypool was sticking up for JuJu, the Browns were riding JuJu hard. What do I care if Claypool takes a shot at the Browns, screw the Browns, who gives a ****.

But carry on, keep gnashing your teeth over little nothing stuff if you like. JuJu can live his life how he wants and fans can get upset over whatever they want.

24. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Read above to my post.

Pittsburgh now has bigger things to worry about now. For reference, see my updated sig. Do not be shocked if Stokes if the pick either. He matches up ridiculously well on who the Steelers like to pick under the Tomlin/Colbert Regime.

25. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    CB in the 1st.
    How long have I been saying that?
    Defense in 2 of the 1st three rounds.