1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

No more coaching staff changes

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by cajunyankee, Jan 11, 2019.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    His father didn't fire any coaches either :shrug:.

2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Hence, why I said pray ;)

Jury is still out on Edmunds though but I'm talking about guys who come in and make a big immediate impact.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    yeah i got what you're saying. And hope springs eternal I guess. Edmunds may pan out but the only point I had was he was not worth a number one. he would have been there in round 3. It was a reach

4. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    If this is true, then expect more of the "I was busy paying attention to something else" excuses from him when stupid, head-scratching moments happen next season.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Rooney settles for mediocrity once again. Welcome to 8-8 and sitting at home watching the playoffs on TV again, steelers.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Sure does feel like it doesn't it?!

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Unless either Devin White or Devin Bush are available, this is not good. Then again, something tells me that neither are going to be in play even if they fall to us. The hiring of Terryl Austin seems way too coincidental.

For that matter, the fact that this year's draft presents a good amount of pass rushers and linebackers means that some of the top cornerbacks are likely to fall. To be completely honest, I do believe that just might be the direction the Steelers could be headed. Way too early to tell but given the fact that Joe Haden is now on the wrong side of 30, Artie Burns is unlikely to receive his fifth year option and the other corners are not so good, cornerback just might be the odds on favorite for the Steelers first pick.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    Yeah, true, but he demanded professionalism and accountability.

9. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Most teams at the end of the year evaluate their weaknesses and look for ways to fix them through new coaches, players, etc. The Steelers? Nope let's fire the coaches of the facets that are either strengths or even, not use high draft picks on players that could fix our weaknesses. When Ben is gone this team is in for a rude awakening.

10. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    :lolol: :roflmao::lolol:

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.c...-patriots-to-work-with-their-defense-nfl-news

Here in lies the reason they were prepared for the cheats. Tomlin :lolol:

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    5th year option :lolol: He should be gone. But fear not, they will keep him this season and watch the dumpster fire of a player he is so they don't have to explain another wasted 1st round pick this year, but he will not get the option.

Speaking of options hopefully they pull the one on Alvin.

They have a major issue drafting in 2 areas, corner and OLB. They need a player as good as Watt on the other side. Ola? Maybe. I would like to see them get another free agent corner to pair with Haden. Draft a stud ILB and put Vince on the bench. Could have another 1st rounder for Tantrum Brown which should be used on defense. The issue is Butler is still here. So we have to wait another year until his contract is up.