1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

No excuses

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by bigbenhotness, Jan 15, 2017.

1. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Yeah...and other than Atlanta - bye teams seem to have come out flat. Wait...isn't KC a bye team????? :rawk:

2. Steeel

Steeel Member

Dec 26, 2016
    I recently re-watched the first Steeler KC match up. The Steelers absolutely killed them. The Chiefs could not do anything on defense or offense. That gives me confidence.

3. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

If we are going by this metric then the same results should happen in terms of a massacre; something I find very unlikely to occur.

4. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
  5. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    The circumstances are very different this time. Cameron Heyward dominated that game. He had three sacks and deflected a pass that Jarvis Jones intercepted. Also, that was when Sammie Coates was making plays and Markus Wheaton even had a decent game. Also, the home field is a big deal for both of these teams and this one is in KC. Oh, and the special teams are missing Thomas and Chickillo against Tyreek Hill.

The Steelers came out flying that day and the Chiefs never recovered. I just don't see that happening again.

All of that said, Pittsburgh's defense is better overall than it was early in the season and Bell is going to be running against the league's 26th-ranked defense, so it is certainly a game the Steelers can win. I just don't harbor any illusions of this one being anywhere near as easy as the first meeting of these teams.