1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Nice win but..........

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Rollers, Oct 10, 2021.

1. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Cleveland has a tandem of Chubb and Hunt which is more sustainable and they also have some good receivers and TE’s, it’s a PA heavy offence but they are not totally dependent on one player at the most injurious position in all of sports being healthy and rolling every week.

Dallas had the best receiving corp in the league and it opens up the run for them rather than the other way around

Any team that builds their offence around a running back at this point is doomed to failure. They will never be healthy enough to sustain success. The only exception is Henry, he is a total freak, but Tennessee is not good enough elsewhere to take advantage

2. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Have you watched the last three games?

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I said the both had great back ups......and Funny the only time Dallas is good is if Zeke E.....is either leading the League in Rushing ....which He has done 2, or 3 times ,or in the Top 5. Am I making this up???

4. SteelersFanIrl

Mar 3, 2019
    They both have good Offensive Lines as well which makes an enormous difference.

If Zeke disappeared tomorrow I doubt the Cowboys would miss a beat, you can’t stack the box against Dallas because those receivers will kill you. It’s opening everything up for Zeke and Pollard

What Pittsburgh had been doing with Najee the past two weeks is not sustainable, you can’t give a guy that many touches and expect him to play a full season.

Passing the ball and stopping the pass is all that really matters for the better teams in the NFL. That’s why this Browns team won’t win a Super Bowl

5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    What.????...then why when Zeke isn't good the Cowboys aren't good???
    Dude I Live in Cowboys land....they would laugh at You for suggesting that

6. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Well… yes. As a guest in our house, that would have been a classy gesture.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  7. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Agreed....Very unbecoming of them. We Shall Have 2 improve upon our methods of Welcoming our Guests in future endeavors.

8. SteelersFanIrl

Mar 3, 2019
    Cowboys weren’t good last year because Dak got hurt and their secondary was really poor

If you think Zeke is driving their improvement this year I really don’t know what to say to you. He has the worst contract in the entire NFL and the Cowboys would cut him in the morning if they could get out of it.

9. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Is that what You Hear where You live ....Funny in the land of Cryboy fans that's not what they say, but.....
    If it will Make You stop...Ok:thumbs_up:
    Funny though....the 2 guys I brought up are in the top 5 leading the League in Rushing...

10. SteelersFanIrl

Mar 3, 2019
    It’s not what I hear it is what I think. If Cowboy fans think Zeke is the driving force behind their improved performance this year then good for them. Dak, Cooper, Lamb, Schultz, the OLine and a much improved D are why the Cowboys are doing well, the running backs are a complement, living off light boxes. Zeke’s contract is a total joke and I expect they will untangle themselves from it as soon as it is feasible. They gave him so much guaranteed money that it is going to be a while however.

Browns are a different story, they are built around Chubb and Hunt and the play action they bring. It’s great until you are down 14 in the second half against the Chiefs in the playoffs and can’t run the ball any more.

The two teams that made the Super Bowl last year has one thing in common, the running game was almost a non factor in their offence and they had elite quarterbacks and receiving talent. It’s a passing league now

11. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Dang.... what can I say 2 make You stop.
    I said OK.
    LoL.
    Still You keep going.
    I guess I'm making Up that Zeke and Chubb is in top 5 in Rushing this Year. All I said is These(brown, and cryboys) 2 teams are built on their running game, and somehow You get all the way into....Who the Cowboys want and don't want, and who was in the SB last Year.....a bit of moving the goal post....Hmmm???
    Yet....I still Believe Chubbs , and Zeke are in the top 5 in Rushing....

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  12. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    This feels a lot better this evening than the past few weeks. Winning is good for my doja. Especially coming off a week of vacay and going back to work tomorrow!

• Like Like x 4
  13. SteelersFanIrl

Mar 3, 2019
    Sorry @S.T.D I wasn’t trying to be an a****le or move goalposts.

My view is that it is a QB-driven passing league, and trying to build a championship team around a running game and especially around one running back at this stage is never going to work.

The last couple of Super Bowl winners were not in any way dependent on running the ball. I think that is significant, and is an indication of where the league is going.

From a Steeler perspective I love Najee but I think he will be a wasted pick. By the time the team is in a position to compete again he will be burned out from this workload

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    It's Cool.
    Just be happy with the Win....let tomorrow look after itself.....as Long as the team keeps improving....Well thats all we can Hope for....and Anytime I think a team can't Win a certain way....it seems 2 Happen....:thumbs_up:

• Like Like x 1
  15. bnasty23

bnasty23 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2012
    So you didnt see the other backs????

• Like Like x 2
  16. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    We haven't known this feeling in 50 years and hope we never do again.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    We finally saw Derek Watt. 9 snaps, 1 catch.

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Never will have to. Why?! Two words;

Rooney. Family.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Nice win but....two in a row is better and we need more. Sea Chickens next victim!

• Like Like x 2