1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Nice recognition for Charlie Batch

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by blitzgirl, Jan 6, 2012.

1. blitzgirl

blitzgirl Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    3. The NFL should designate Charlie Batch as the league-wide backup quarterback. He's the only consistent, competent backup QB in league history.

Every team that suffers an injury to its starting QB should get one week of Batch. Seriously. Batch shouldn't have to sit waiting for Big Ben to get hurt. Let Batch play every week for a different team. You could give the Steelers first dibs on Batch when Big Ben goes down. Or maybe there should be a weekly Charlie Batch lottery for teams with QB injuries.

What we know is that Batch should never be a team's starting quarterback. He's Manny Mota, the legendary Dodgers pinch-hitter. Batch is perfectly suited to manage an offense for a week or two while the starter is down. One day Batch will probably be a great head coach or NFL general manager.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Aaro ... ths-122811

2. VA_Black&Gold

VA_Black&Gold Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I've read similar stories before, particularly about what a great coach CB could be after he's done on the field. I think not only is a solid backup, but an all-around nice guy who motivates and supports his team to the fullest extent.

3. punkneater

punkneater Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2011
    Yes ladies, I couldn't agree more. :applaud:

4. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    I have a lot of respect for Charlie. It's good to see that he has that respect league wide as well.

5. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    think green bay would rather keep flynn but yes the other 31 teams need batch