1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

nice endorsement

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mac daddyo, Jul 10, 2012.

1. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
  2. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    Mac, I appreciate you linking this stuff. I'm one of those people that are too busy to scrounge for it (ok...too lazy) and I do enjoy reading it. When it comes to the Steelers I am definitely a glass half full kind of guy. I hope some of these young guns are so good they almost put our vets out of business!

3. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Yep, our young db's are coming right along.The development of the youngs guys all come down to the new coaching that have been hired by coach Tomlin himself.Just wait until you see the improvement of our fresh defense starting off the season.Smart,speed,and physical play.Just praying that our guys stay healthy. :praying:

4. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    You know what you get from Ike in coverage, if Lewis, Allen, and Brown all raise their games this year....watch out. If we can get 3 guys in coverage who pretty much can eliminate their man without too much help, this D will get back to sacking the QB. Harrison and Woodley getting 5/6 seconds to get to the QB? Timmons and Sylvester or Spence up the middle....OUCH! The QBs are gonna be hurting.

5. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    no problem jim. it gives us something to look at ,at this time of year when things are kinda dead. i like the fact that this guy wants to workout hard in the offseason to get to the top of his game. thats why i was so disgusted by the read about dwyer just now deciding thats what he needs to do. i hope it sticks with him, but i'll take 100 of cortez allens over dwyer any day, but i do hope dwyer gets it. players like allen will keep the steelers on top where we belong for a long time to come. we have drafted some pretty smart players the last couple of years. it almost looks like we are targeting that type. which isn't a bad thing. if ike can still workout like this every year to keep on top at his age, these young guys should take a page from his book. :cool:

6. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    It seems to me, and maybe I am glorifying it all in my own head, but whenever we have made it to big dance it seems like we are hearing the things about players that we are hearing this year for the most part. I'm not saying that we are headed there this year, although I think we are every year, I'm just saying that a lot of buzz comes out about how these guys are putting in the work and pushing each other to put in the work. That and when our players make it through the off season without getting into trouble I become very optimistic about the season. I like what I'm hearing and I like the work ethic that the younger guys are displaying. I'm ready for some STEELER football!

7. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I was think this the other day, funnily enough. I agree - there are some seasons where there is just a kind of buzz about what the team is brewing that often leads us to good things.

Could just be the benefit of hindsight... but at this stage of the off-season I'm maintaining my excited, optimistic gear, with just a touch of pragmatism when predictions get too extreme.

Back on topic - I really hope these young DBs develop, and aren't crushed by any early mistakes or disappointments. They've had time to settle into the system, they've had the best teacher possible in how to not defend the pass in William Gay, and now the time to shine has arrived...

8. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    i think a wise decision was made when they hired carnell lake to coach this bunch. i think he has actually surpassed the teams expectations by what he does. young hungry players help though. i don't think lake will let these guys carry a bad play or two with them. he will make short memories out of those, but will teach them to not let that same thing happen to often. they are going to get beat, i just hope the fans realize there are going to be growing pains. they will however win alot more battles as they go. i'm excited about these young guys. i hope lewis does live up to his probowl season. ya never know, i've been saying it for a long time, move ike back to FS after this year. he'd be good with the play in front of him as he ages. :think:
    :cool:

9. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Couldn't agree with you more Mac, Carnell Lake will/has made a huge difference
    in our secondary. There will be growing pains with our cb's, that is why it is SO
    IMPORTANT TO GET A PASS RUSH.

10. SteelYourPoints

SteelYourPoints Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I could see that, but only if Clarks play regresses. Ike still has plenty of speed to play the corner spot. When he does get burned (which isn't often) it's not because he isn't fast enough.

11. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    i was thinking more after this year for ike's move. we should know how these young corners can play by then. :cool: