1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

NHL Playoffs

Discussion in 'Other Sports Talk' started by 86WardsWay, May 9, 2024.

1. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    Florida impressive in NY. Still have trouble believing in Bob but he looked good. Both series interest me.

Blood clots are no joke. Seems like hockey players are affected more but that is based on a few situations that come to mind.

2. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Florida shuts the Rangers out 3-0 in game 1. Florida played strong D in front of Bobrovsky.

• Like Like x 1
  3. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    I get the NHL is small in our country and many don't follow it. I was at a Penguin victory parade and I'd say 75% of people attending loved that Pittsburgh won a Championship but couldn't name our second line that year cause I got a buzz and started asking people pretending I didn't know. I've always said a Championship brings out bandwagon fans in droves.

Anyhow, last nights game was NHL Hockey at it's best. Yes, I dozed off numerous times but I saw the 2nd OT winning goal by Edmonton.

Oilers up 1-0.

• Like Like x 1
  4. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Awesome! Always liked Playoff Hockey way better then regular season. IMO of all the Pro sports the NHL has biggest difference come Playoff time. I remember the Pens looking like crap last few weeks of season. Getting a 4-5 spot and winning the Cup.

Damn OT games keeping me up and if honest I was nodding when Goodrow put in it net for Rangers. Series tied now 1-1. Crowd was so on edge in OT. I remember the fear and adrenaline when Pens went into Playoff OT. The rush is incredible when the good guys score and you do not sleep when the bad guys score.

A way back story. I live in Flyer land. Flyers use to own us most the time then we got Sid and the worm turned and stayed turned for a wonderfully long time. They hate hate hate Crosby and the Pens. Can't remember the year but we still were using good old phones. Pen/flyers goes into 4-5 OT's a Playoff game. My oldest sister and me kept phoning each other to see if we were staying with it. The intermissions were so damn hard. Around 3 in the AM buttholes scored. Talk about devastated. We had 1 more phone call and she said try and get some sleep. No way that would happen because in about 5 hours I would be among tons of flyer fans. Thanks to the Pens I got sweet revenge over time and I served that mother F ice cold.:sneak::sneak:

5. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Dallas Stars take game 2 and we are 1-1 headed to beautiful Edmonton, Canada. I have no idea what Edmonton is like.

6. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Now that was a Playoff game Sunday afternoon. Wish all games were 3:00. In OT Rangers won an amazing game and go up 2 games to 1.

• Like Like x 1
  7. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    Trouba fined $5k (max) for this minor penalty

Panthers really need a win after falling in OT the past 2 games

Last edited: May 27, 2024
    • Like Like x 2
  8. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Dallas Stars (my pick to win it all) go up 2-1.

Just dawned on me if Stars win Dallas will hold the Cup and World Series trophy's at same time. Something Pittsburgh has done twice with Pirates/Steelers and Penguins/Steelers. You'll never see Penguins/Pirates.

• Like Like x 1
  9. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Good stuff for the few that dig Playoff Hockey. Ranger/Panther series is the sh!t. 3 straight went into OT which in Playoff Hockey is intense. Panthers up 3-2 and headed home after another great game last night. Kind of hoping for a game 7 so go Rangers Saturday.

Stars and Oilers tied 2-2 also. Dallas with home ice advantage. Also want to see a game 7 in this series and I will stay awake for that.

• Like Like x 1
  10. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    That series is tight. Goalies can make such a difference in the playoffs. It will be interesting to see if Dallas can bounce back

I have mixed feelings about fans showing up at the arena when the team is on the road for a watch party. I have never seen the use of technology like this to make it more interesting. Seems a little gimmicky

• Like Like x 2
  11. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    And Wayne Gretsky's Oilers (just kidding) take a 3-2 series lead after playing great D in front of their net minder. Gonna be crazy in Edmonton tomorrow night. As for tonight go Rangers, only because I want to see a game 7.

12. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Bye bye Rangers. Fantastic game last night. Florida Panthers move on to the Cup finals for second year in a row.

Tonight at Edmonton.

• Like Like x 1
  13. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    Igor kept them in it but the better team prevailed.

Final high-danger shots on goal in Eastern Conference Final (per NHL EDGE Puck and Player Tracking) were Panthers 55, Rangers 39. It was 36-16 Panthers in last three games. Shesterkin stopped 48 of 55 for .873 save % on high-danger SOG Bobrovsky stopped 31 of 39 for .795

• Informative Informative x 2
  14. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Well I'm glad for Edmonton but they were out played last night. The post and a few lucky bounces saved them. Dallas outshot them 35-10.

Edmonton vs Florida for the Cup. I just hope they are all 1 goal games.

15. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    Happy for McDavid!....Yes they were outplayed like crazy yesterday but overall they were the better team in the first 5 games vs stars....They had more shot on goal that their opponent in almost every game so far in the playoffs

• Like Like x 1
  16. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Well if it goes 7 I could watch on the beach;) Hockey in Miami in the summer.

I do dig McDavid so probably pulling for Oilers. Really want all games to be close.

• Like Like x 1
  17. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    This play was legit

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    As best I can tell I'm the only person in my area that follows this Cup final. I get it. Not super popular. Unless it's your team most people don't care.

Eagle in Superbowl. At halftime I walked around my neighborhood (Eagle land) and every house had the TV on. Last season SB I did same thing. Halftime I found grand total of 2 houses with TV on. Rest of development went to bed.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  19. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Take away Edmonton and Miami and I'm thinking the ratings for the Stanley Cup Finals will be 1.

20. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Our Steel Machine inspecting his neighbors' TV viewings............... upload_2024-6-7_13-17-58.jpeg

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  21. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Over 55 Mobile Home Park. So easy to see the light from a TV on at night. Sometimes for fun Wife and I walk around at dark and see how many people are drinking. So many leave curtains open until they go to bed.

We have learned that retired people sure like their spirits in the evening. My favorite is when they somehow think people give a crap and will say they only have 1 drink a night. I then wonder why their re-cycle can has 2 cases of beer cans in it:)

• Informative Informative x 1
  22. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    And all America is waiting with bated breath as the Stanley Cup finals finally start tonight. Outside Miami and Edmonton I'll be among the 10 people watching.

Really hope it goes 7. Nothing like a game 7 in the NFL finals.

23. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Damn Florida goalie is the bomb. He made amazing saves last night. Panthers up 1-0.

24. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    Irrationally I didn’t think he would get it done based on long ago playoff performances against the Pens. He did great work against the breakaways they gave up last night.

Sergei Bobrovsky has a record of 3-8-0 in 12 games with a goals against average of 3.73 and a save percentage of .889 against the Penguins in the playoffs in his career

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  25. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Guy won best netminder a few times and I'm guessing he wins it again this season. I never feared him when Pens played him but I might now if the Pens were still in their prime.