1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

NFL top 100 _ Woodley

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Lizard72, May 19, 2012.

1. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
  2. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Ike? I doubt he makes it. I'm not saying he doesn't deserver to, just that I can't see him being on one of these lists. And less likely above Woodley.

I would probably agree with the others. Maybe not Brown, not sure he's got the attention of everyone in the league yet.

3. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    and he sat out alot last year. i hope he stays healthy this year. we need mr. 63rd best to show he's better then that. which he is. :cool:

4. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but it was top 100 last season right? I haven't been following it so I could be wrong. Assuming I'm correct, a few of our players may not make the list, even though they are top 100 in the league most years. I don't see Ike being there (not convinced he's top 100 anyway), Pouncey may not make it (even though he was a pro bowler), and Brown may not make it (he's not top 100 yet anyway).

5. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    brown should be on it since he set a record and did something never done before

6. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    No my understanding is the Top 100 for the 2012 season (at least thats how they have billed it in the commercials/etc I've seen)...as the list can include rookies (like last year I think they had Cam Newton on the list).

7. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Ben - yes
    Wallace - no
    Troy - yes
    Silverback - maybe (50/50)
    Pouncey - probably (75/25)
    Ike - no
    Brown - no

8. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I agree with this list. Ike might would of had a chance if not for the playoff game. Troy will make it on reputation alone.

9. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    I threw I'd have to say James H is got to be on there when you have people in the interview about Woodley talking about him.

Ike had a stellar year last year and was well talked about. Particularly the guys on the NFL channel.

Wallace maybe 50/50

Brown I give a very good chance of being there.

Problem is if Woodley's that far down I don't see these guys being better than him.

10. beastlyqb7

beastlyqb7 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Harrison was in the 20s last year...should be similar this year. Wallace will definitely be on there as people like Desean Jackson have made the cut and Wallace was a pro bowler. Troy will be in the top 10. Ben will be in the 20s-30s. Pouncey will be in the top 50 no doubt probably really high. Ike possibly. Brown has no chance especially since people like Hakeem Nicks and Roddy White have already been anounced...

11. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I think your sadly mistaken, Troy, Ben, Harrison thats about it folks.
    Harrison if he is not blackballed from the list.

12. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I don't see Wallace being higher than Desean Jackson. I imagine that most people consider Jackson to be a better player. Plus players like Roddy White and Hakeem Nicks have been on the list already, and I don't see Wallace being higher than them. I don't think he'll make the list.

13. RobVos

RobVos Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Considering there are 32 teams, it would be hard for a team to have 7-8 players on this list (the mean would be 3 per team). This list is voted on by players, but not sure how they did it -- something like each player listed their top 20 and they tallied from there. It is a flawed method, IMO. It will most likely be pretty well balanced because players will most likely vote for those they are quite familiar with play (i.e. within division, etc).

I say, troy, Ben, JH make it, and that would most likely be it. maybe Pouncey.

14. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    I remeember last year a bunch of players said theynwerent even contacted to vote

15. Emerald Steel

Emerald Steel Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    I was just watching the Top 100 reaction show, and there was a "fun fact" ticker at the bottom of the screen that said there are 6 Steelers in the top 100. The Steelers having 5 players in the top 50 is awesome.

I'm thinking Ben, Troy, and Harrison are locks, which means there's two spots left open. Wallace and Brown? Maybe Pouncey. I would love to see Clark on the list, but that seems unlikely.

16. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    It'll be Troy, Harrison, Ben, Wallace, Pouncey, probably in that order from top to bottom. Brown will get snubbed because he's only done it for one year. We all know him very well, but I just heard someone on NFL Live say something like, "And here's a guy you probably don't know about: Antonio Brown, a receiver on the Steelers..." People are idiots. Not news.

If I was voting, and it was based on talent more than position importance, it would be Troy, Harrison, Heath, Ben, Pouncey, Wallace, Brown, and Woodley, all in the top 60 or so. And realistically, I think Clark and Keisel should be in there too, somewhere towards the bottom. We all know why Keisel will never make it (Aaron Smith never would have made it either), but I don't know why Clark doesn't get more credit from players/pundits. He is still playing awesome ball and is like a 6th linebacker (Troy being the 5th) in a way that you just don't see from other free safeties.

If Mendenhall was healthy I'd say he was a lock to make it next year with the addition of Haley, DeCastro, Adams, and Colon, but since he's not I have no idea what we'll get from him. If Timmons plays like he did in 2010 he'll belong on the list. Brown will make it next year, because they won't be able to justify denying him again. I won't be at all surprised to see DeCastro on there. Maybe Heyward too, once he becomes a starter.