1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

NFL Season Game Structure

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by steelersfan35, Jan 28, 2017.

1. steelersfan35

steelersfan35 Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2016
    1. Division rival games should be played only on the first weeks and last weeks of the regular season? (Example: Weeks 1-2, Weeks 16-17)

2. Playing in other countries besides England and Mexico?

3. All 32 teams get the same bye week in the middle of the season. (Between Weeks 8 and 9) The only downfall is 1 week without the NFL, only college football.

4. Shorten or keep the 4 preseason games? Also, should we keep or eliminate the HOF game?

5. Should we make the Pro Bowl in the middle of the season (just like the NHL) or before/after the Super Bowl. Even though many people won't watch it after the Super Bowl, it doesn't show all of the players who made it to the Super Bowl.

My Answers:

1. It would be a great way to start out and to finish the season by playing your rivals.

2. I think the NFL should go global. Just think of all of the people in the world who may not even know about football. It would be a great experience for the fans and the players. Who knows, by going global, we may have new foreign players that could make an impact on the league. The only downfall is the cost, but I think NFL teams/players can afford one trip to a random country.

3. It would be helpful for all of the teams because everyone is getting a week off. Even though some of teams benefit what we do now, it would be a slight disadvantage if a rested team played a team that had a short week.

4. We should shorten it down to 3 games to avoid injuries. Just like 3 strikes, if you fail to make the roster in 3 games, you're a FA. Maybe they can make a rule where the starters can only play a part of or the entire 1st quarter and then the rest of the game only includes backups/rookies. Wouldn't be a shame if one of your best players gets hurt in a preseason game? Also, the less games you have to prove yourself, the player's motivation increases.

5. The Pro Bowl in the middle of the season would be too much of a hassle. The NHL has 82 games in their regular season, so they can fit it in the middle. We only have 17 weeks in an NFL season plus the playoffs and preseason. The best option is after the Super Bowl. I would rather see All of the players, even the ones who made it to the Super Bowl. Also, the HOF game is a good idea, but I'm not sure if it's necessary.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
  2. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I think your way off base. Especially #2 taking money out of American people pockets NO THANKS. Do you realize how much money a Steeler home game generates for the economy
    of the City of PGH/Alleg county. Plus all the people that are employed in the service industry
    trying to make a living keeping a roof over their head.

3. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I think I will have to agree to disagree.

4. steelersfan35

steelersfan35 Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2016
    It doesn't seem to hurt us financially since we already have games in England.

I do understand that it takes a lot of effort to play in another country, but would you rather keep the NFL only in America and shut out everyone else in the world? The NHL drafts players from different countries so why can't we teach people about the NFL who live in Europe or Africa? Who knows if we may have a future foreign NFL superstar or possibly a future foreign NFL Hall Of Famer?

Yes, I understand that their language is not always in English, but that is what Google translate is for. We can talk to them via a translator about the rules and what the sport is about. I also understand that American football is not common is other parts of the world, but baseball and soccer is global. Why not make All sports global? Imagine the NFL going global. The company would get even bigger and would generate more money.

I bet you that there's someone living in a another country right now that can make a difference if they played in the NFL with some training from veteran NFL players. Don't you feel bad for the people who never heard of the NFL?

Football has changed my life forever. Without football, I wouldn't have many interests since most of them revolve around football, hockey, and fitness. We can change people's lives in a good way if the NFL went global. Even though that might take a lot of effort, just imagine a world where everyone knows about American football.