1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

NFL News

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Wreck, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Wreck

Wreck Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Been looking since yesterday. Nowhere on the NFL main page is any news about the Steelers win. It's all about every other team out there.

2. kwebste6

kwebste6 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Unfortunately we never get the coverage we deserve. It seemed like the same thing last year during SB week... all they would talk about is those dang packers. But at least we have this site to talk about them

3. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Call me crazy, but I like when we're flying under the radar.

I get sick listening to them talking about certain teams and players, but I can always just turn that off. :shrug:

4. BurgherBoy7

BurgherBoy7 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    We will be in the news next week, because we are playing against god's gift to football, Mr. Tom Brady himself

5. Stiller3

Stiller3 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

And with that in mind we'll probably get Pittsburgh's favorite commentating team (Nantz and Simms) too. Hopefully the Steelers make some noise.

6. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Hey, who knows. It's a home game so maybe Phil Simms won't be so annoying (hey, a guy can hope). :shrug:

7. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I don't think ESPN morning show covered the Steelers gam eon Sunday?

Let's face it. Cards stink, why would the game get much attention?

8. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    This. Weak team beaten by solid performance with one spectacular play. No harm done by lack of hype.

Please don't give us Simms. Gamepass used to have a local radio commentary option which makes it bearable, but seems to have gone now.

9. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I used to get so pissed (and still do sometimes) that the Steelers hardly ever get coverage unless it's negative, but I have to keep reminding myself that's one of the things I like about the Steelers... flying under the radar and even being the underdog at times.

10. jhmiller3

jhmiller3 Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    SERIOUSLY??!! :roflmao:

11. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Simms is such a blatant Steelers hater, I can't understand how someone who is so shamelessly biased can get a job like he has. His son Matt is a (BU) QB here at the University of Tennessee and I remember Phil threatening physical violence to some other sportcaster who made some comments about Matt not being very good. And while I can understand and respect coming to the defense of your son, the fact remains that your son is not very good. He had the starting QB job last year as a junior, but got benched for a freshman (Tyler Bray) a few games into the season. And now he was back in as the starter as a senior because Tyler Bray broke his hand 2 weeks ago. His performance has been so abysmal that they are benching him again (as a senior) for another freshman, Justin Worley. I don't think that UT really wanted to take away Worley's redshirt, but based on Matt Simm's performance, they didn't have much choice.

12. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    It's almost... ok, yeah it's really satisfying to see this Simms get his comeuppance this way.

13. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    One thing that gets me about Simms is that - apart from the fact his analysis is inconsistent almost play-by-play, and when it is consistent its simply stating the obvious - his primary contribution on the field was one very good game (admittedly, in a Superbowl; but helped out by a fantastic defense), and a whole load of mediocrity after that.