1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

NFL needs to investigate Corrente's Crew

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Ender, Dec 17, 2017.

1. We need a change

We need a change Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    There is no way to see if that ball hit the ground. It could have rolled on his hand. It was called a TD on the field, unless you can see the ball hit the grass, you don’t overturn

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
  2. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    We don't stand a chance in OT. Pats get the ball first, score a td it's over. And we all spend another 45 minutes ODing on heart meds and alcohol. Besides Jujus catch and run our O was pretty quiet in the second half.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  3. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    I've watched it on my DVR 3X. He was run down by the pats before the ball got there. No doubt a blatant PI.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    I get it now. I understand why people are tuning out, and I don't blame them. I have a lot of time invested in this team, and I refuse to cash my chips in because of the way they got jobbed today. This team is a scrappy bunch, and they have over come many obstacles this year. But, as the team changes and this game and league continue to pull further away from that which I/we grew up with, I can see my interest waning. And the Hought of not enjoying NFL football in the future makes me sad, but let them sell their ad time to a younger demographic. AFAIC, what we are watching now may some done soon be indistinguishable from professional wrestling.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. We need a change

Oct 9, 2017
    It would have been another holding call or a personal foul. The game was in the tank for their boy

6. We need a change

Oct 9, 2017
    Look at the James play again and freeze it when you see the ball physically hit the ground. You won’t be stopping it

7. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

I'm usually of the mindset that officiating generally makes calls based on the rulebook.

Today, that did not happen.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2017
    How do you a let a game of this magnitude be decided on overturning a single call in the final seconds that could have gone either way? This makes the tuck rule look silly. No matter if you agree or disagree on the call you have to agree it was close, but for crying out loud don’t make it decide the game. Disgusting.

9. We need a change

Oct 9, 2017
    The point was for the patriots to win, not to follow rules.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    The jersey pull is what cinches it
    That gets called almost every time!

11. We need a change

Oct 9, 2017
    And you can bet your a$$ the replays wont show the play

12. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2017
    Well said. Spot on.

13. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    wathc the nfl.com replay on the last play.... defender had his left hand pulling the jersey and tripping Rogers.... I’m not surprised.... because they didn’t call the PI on Bryant’s TD.... where his left arm was being held and pulled while he one hand caught the ball.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. NE Missouri Steeler

NE Missouri Steeler Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2017
    I am tired about all their discipline. Gronk isn't scared of Bill, or why would he do the things he has done on and off the field. Especially that late late hit on the Bills player. If this league is concerned about safety, then why are dead ball personal foul treated the same.
    Real head shaker??
    There is no fix. These refs are afraid to make the tough calls on Belichick that could change the game. Veteran coaches who know the refs for years will always get the calls or lack of call against their teams. It happens at all levels. Refs are afraid the veteran coaches influence can hurt them down the road.

Dabo at Clemson better get ready vs Saban. 1 vs 4 is the national championship game.

15. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Goodell will do no such thing sadly.

He will heroically "defend the honor" of the shield to set up some drama. Then, he will proceed to exonerate the Steelers afterwards by using Cornette as the scapegoat; "winning" the good graces.

16. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    It's a touch down. game was fixed. Nfl stole home field advantage and gave it to NE. the funny thing is steeler fans will always watch. NE fans will always watch. It's the 15 or so teams that never have a chance...and they watch that fixed out come ... they will quit watching. Ratings will drop . This is just another reason to quit watching for fans that really don't have a chance or are casual fans. I'm thinking vegas, Kraft, and/or just simple bribery had something to do with this out come. I think I'm to the point were if Ben retires and we just suck...I'm not watching. I suspect there's a lot of "customers" like me that only watch the steelers and will quit when Ben retires. NFL admin is making a big mistake by not protecting the integrity of the game. They don't care about it. they only care about lawsuits from the employee's and tv ratings.

• Like Like x 1
  17. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    Sadly, I watched the first half but missed the second..... as I have a life. Replays are sickening

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  18. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

Did the coaches make that call or did Ben give eli the nod?

19. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    It was said that Haley told ben to go for the throw!!!

20. Korstewart

Korstewart New Member

Dec 17, 2017
    Anyone who thinks this was fixed because of the call knows nothing about football. This is the rule. It was not a catch. Its an awful rule but its a rule and they are consistent about it. Havent any of you seen the dez bryant catch that cost them the playoff game against greenbay like three years ago. Same play way worse. Also gronkowski and a freeman on Atlanta had the exact same thing happen to them this year. We deserved to win, but that was not a catch according to the bs rules of the nfl.

21. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    In that case I applaud Haley because if that game goes into OT the chances of Steelers winning is minimal. It's a gutsy call but thats the only way Steelers stood a chance. Was disappointed however in their second last possession where they went 3 and out. Ben has to make a throw and get the first down to move down the field. The first play was a run up the middle by Bell. Very predictable in my estimation.

• Agree Agree x 3
  22. donnot

donnot New Member

Oct 2, 2015
    You're right - they allowed Bellichick to employ his Jedi mind tricks to make Ben throw an in-bounds pass on 2nd down with no time outs and the clock running out. Then he did it again to make Ben go all Russell Wilson on the fake spike. Those refs!

23. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Well they certainly missed the obvious jersey grab and pull that allowed the int at the end, so there’s that. But at least they were consistent since they didn’t call the blatantly obvious pi on the Bryant TD. Even you as a chowderhead should be able to admit that one since it was so obvious.

• Agree Agree x 2
  24. Steelers '08

Steelers '08 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2016
    This is the crew that ref’d the Pats vs Jets debacle?

25. Steelers '08

Steelers '08 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2016
    Because we went conservative like we do when we get a lead. I was hoping it would be different seeing it’s the Pats.