1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

NFL May Ban Hip Drop Tackle

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelresolve, Nov 23, 2023.

1. Steelresolve

Steelresolve Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2022
    The Hypocrits May ban the hip drop tackle. Yet we still have turf fields added games to the season and on Thursday nights. So is their priority really player safety? Either way you can’t legislate injuries out of the game. They already have nearly made playing defense impossible. If this truly does happen you might as well invest all the money into offense. What’s the point of even putting a drfense out there. The game is being watered down so much it is not the same quality at all.

But Goodall is happy. Revenue is up, exposure if the brand is at its highest across the world and the Snowflakes and zkatens of the world are happy. We need a commish who is like Dana White of the UFC. Somebody who will stand up to the wokeness, someone who understand the true NFL fan base and protects the integrity of the game.

Goodall is destroying this game. Our culture, wokeness, politics, snowflakes, the Karen’s of the world are all influencing thus spineless individual. He has Kart Blanche control and it isn’t being challenged because Revenue is at its highest.

They don’t care about player safety. They care about protecting star assets like Mahomes, Allen, Burrow and Hurts. If those guys goes down it hurts TV viewership.

The NFL caters to the casual fan now and it sucks. The UFC doesn’t deal with the Snowflakes, the Karen’s, BLM, LGQB because they make it very clear …. They and people who push those agendas aren’t welcome. The purity of their sport remains untouched as a result.

Very sad what Goodall and the NFL are doing to the quality of the game. The only way for them to learn is to lose revenue and I don’t see that happening anytime soon.

2. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I stopped somewhere into paragraph two of this stump speech and am just going to say yeah no. Thanks you for your thoughts on to Cincinnati.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    This should happen, this should be illegal.This kind of
    tackle gets people hurt.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Dana White is a scumbag.

5. Steelresolve

Apr 16, 2022
    I take it by your name you are being sarcastic.

6. Steelresolve

Apr 16, 2022
    I would take him over Goodall any day.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Steelresolve

Apr 16, 2022
    Ok Karen.

8. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I don't care for woman abusers.

9. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Flag Football coming to Sundays real soon. Can’t hit them low. Can’t hit them high. Can’t hit them from side to side. Defense will be a thing of the past. Coming to be all offense real fast.

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    Someone's burnt the turkey and having a bad Thanksgiving. Not sure why politics, gender, race, etc needed to be brought into this.

• Agree Agree x 5
  11. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    And there it is, you assume anyone not agreeing with you is wrong. You started the "woke" as if being asleep and unaware are desirable traits in another person garbage and then throw insults at those that don't share the same narrow backwards view. I'm more than willing to show up and debate the hypocrisy of player safety in the NFL and the changing attitudes in physical sports. It shouldn't have to take a young man bleeding out on an ice rink in England after getting a skate slash to the throat or a young man in Buffalo having his heart stopped after a blow to his chest to have a conversation about real player safety. It really doesn't need the shadow of the anti-woke movement to muddy the waters about the reasons behind the conversation. Thank you for your thoughts.

• Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I can break it down for you, regarding my comments.

13. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I am not, I have seen too many guys hurt with this tackle. High ankle sprains
    Usually but some can be worse.

14. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    They need to ban it, just like they did with the horse collar tackle.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Steelresolve

Apr 16, 2022
    Wait what is a Professor from Cal Berkeley doing on this Forum? You bring two completely illogical sporting situations to justify your reasoning.

That situation on the ice was a freak accident and they need to look at making it mandatory for all hockey players to west neck guards. But people who take it too far for a freak incident would penalize the game and ban ice skates. Are they gonna get rid of ice next because it can cause a concussion? When do you stop legislating? That’s the evilness of wokeness and political correctness. It never stops.

Hamlin’s heart issue has a lot of levels to it. How often has that happened in the NFL? Who knows if the vaccine contributed in anyway to his injury? A lot if Athelets have had cardiac issues since the pandemic.

I’m just curious how my views are narrow and backward … enlighten me?

have you ever played football? Do you understand the things they are asking defenders to do now are unnatural? How are you supposed to make a tackle on a guy when he gets past you or makes a move on you? They are asking defenders to literally play without instinct. It’s unrealistic.

• Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  16. Steelresolve

Apr 16, 2022
    Then go to flag football. Guys get injured plenty making moves with no contact. You can’t legislate injury out if the game.

17. Steelresolve

Apr 16, 2022
    Because the NFL has brought it into our living rooms. Not to mention that us the seed that has caused decisions like this.

18. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    I will apologize for the narrow and backwards comment as I said once you began the "woke" umbrella I stopped reading along with the Karen reply. To address that I will say that when people in general begin to paint everything with the anti-woke brush the vast majority in my experience have wanted society in America to return to a point in history where they think everything was great or at least great for them. They didn't teach history as it actually happened but a winners perspective. They didn't talk about the inequality that has existed since the country was founded. It is a very narrow and backwards view in my opinion.
    If this isn't your particular view again I apologize but I do think you phrased it as you did to stoke a response. I have no desire to drag this community into a political debate on being woke or the benefits of being anti-woke.

I am more than willing to debate player safety and used to the two examples of near death and actual death to highlight the need to discuss the topic. It shouldn't take a freak accident and a once in a million circumstance to talk about safety. My initial thoughts do run similar to yours about taking the physical nature out of the sport but can also see the otherside of the coin as well. Overreaction will happen but if the conversation is happening it may keep that reaction from becoming we must ban all sport in order to be safe.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    What does Jane Goodall have to do with the NFL? Are chimps going to be playing now?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
  20. Steelresolve

Apr 16, 2022
    Spare me the passive aggressive digs. You are so enlighten O don’t know how you don’t injure your arm patting yourself on the back.

you still haven’t answered my question. Have you ever played organized rackle football with pads on? Your two examples of Hamlin and the Hockey death are completely irrelevant to this conversation.

I have no problem making egregious violent plays illegal. I understand trying to protect the head from concussions but this is going to far. Players aren’t purposefully trying to injure players on those tackles.

You can not legislate injury out of the game it is impossible. Guys get a l tears and high ankle sprains all the time without any contact. At what point do you stop with the legislation. You have a picture of Lloyd as your Meme. Do you think he could have played the way he did in todays NFL?

they have ruined the QB sack and defensive cornerback play with some reficulous roughing the passer calls and pi calls. They are making the game unwatchable especially for a team built on defense.

That roughing the passer call on Highsmith where he did everything possible to hit the QB safely and his face mask oiylterslly grazed the QB’s face mask was rediculous.
    They need to have a little more common sense on those penalties and not be so literal. Like the QBs head moving forward on contact and causing that grazing of the face masks. These defenders literally can’t do anything in some of these situations to avoid penalities. It’s ruining the game. This absolutely has to do with wokeness , politics, player safety from perspective the nfl does not want to be sued. Goodall has caved to all of it.

People like you soak it all up because you want to be thoughtful and fair and open. Or at least appear that way. Mr. Enlightened.

21. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    These boys are big and getting bigger. It’s going to be difficult bringing down a 6’8” TE

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. AtlSteel

AtlSteel Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2021
    They can't consistently call pass interference or holding. Trying call this **** would be ridiculous. It's just a tackle. This is not flag football.

• Agree Agree x 4
  23. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    One thing Goodell has not done is destroy the game

Between 2001 and 2019, the total revenue of all 32 NFL teams steadily increased, reaching 15 billion U.S. dollars in 2019

It may be girly football now I concede

Last edited: Nov 23, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. Steelresolve

Apr 16, 2022
    He has destroyed the integrity of the game. Streaming, TV, Marketing, etc. Have increased the value of the game. Every major sport has grown in revenue simply because if the exposure these sports get. Social media, legalized betting, gaming etc. has all increased its popularity amongst fans.

The players have never been more famous. They are more accessible now than ever before through interaction with fans via social media and they are much more commercialized. How many commercials is Kelce on now?

Goodell is ruining the quality of play with so many ridiculous rule changes. The art of tackling is completely lost. I just ask you do you like the way the game is played now compared to ten to twenty years ago? I certainly do not.

25. Steelresolve

Apr 16, 2022
    Please do