1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

NFL Inconsistencies

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by Hypocycloids, Jan 7, 2018.

1. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    And the fact that it was at the plane of the end zone... ****s ridiculous and inconsistent

2. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    It was close... I agree

3. quark12000

quark12000 Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2015
    No it's not! The Jags weren't playing the Patriots. If they were, definitely not an interception.

4. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    I agree with your point that it's ridiculous that one person makes all these decisions, and the decisions are still wildly inconsistent
    So now if only one guy, Riveron, is biased it has the potential to alter the outcome of the entire season. There are absolutely no checks and balances on his decisions

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I think the Ramsey catch needed to stand, and if it were called incomplete on the field, that should have stood as well. No basis to overturn either. After watching many videos of the JJ drop, I do grudgingly think that the NFL got that right. However, I do not think that the Benjamin overturn in Foxboro was based on true conclusive evidence, and I have yet to see a video of the Sefarian-Jenkins play from earlier in the year that justifies the overturn. There’s also the Carolina “butt cheek inbounds “ call from their win over the Packers that killed the Packers’ playoff hopes.

My concern is less with the catch rule than with the use of disputable evidence to overturn calls. Having one person decide is problematic, and Riveron has been inconsistent. My suggestion is to have the NFL use 3 replay officials, with each of them separately watching and rendering a decision on whether or not there is sufficient evidence to overturn. If all 3 say “overturn”, then it’s conclusive.

Even more troubling than the replay inconsistency is the player discipline inconsistency. Gronk flat out assaults a guy after the play, and gets the same suspension that many other players have gotten from a hit at game speed that’s inches from being legal. That’s the biggest travesty.

6. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    The way I've seen the replays this morning the ball did hit the ground. Oh well, just another zebra blunder...

7. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

I’m at 3 weeks and counting with no cable or internet so I can only go by what is provided here.

8. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Not that it matters much with only 26 seconds left in the game with petterman behind center, but that ball hit the ground not only that but he didnt have full control to the ground:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    DS99-BiXcAEWWYQ.jpg

10. We need a change

We need a change Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    You’ll see replays that show it hitting the ground. The announcers even stated they could see it hit but, It can hit if it didn’t move. Problem is it moved. We don’t agree on much, but I think we will on how similar the plays were.

11. Hypocycloids

Hypocycloids Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    This is the real problem and I couldn’t agree more. They need to stay with the call on the field unless there is 100%, indisputable, without a doubt evidence that the call was incorrect. After the Bill Pats game it is pretty clear that they aren’t following this guideline. I also think the Jesse James call was correct but the fact that most people say probably begs the question: If they probably got it right is that 100%, indisputable, without a doubt evidence to overturn the call on the field?