1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

NFL free agency thread 2022 rumors and signings

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Mar 10, 2022.

1. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    What is the different from a Trade or free agency? In both cases you're getting a qb their original team DIDNT WANT. the pats didn't want Brady no more. Chargers didn't want Brees. Whats so different than a trade?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    GO GET HIM

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I acknowledged I didnt know what the Bucs did and would have to look it up.

Rams didn’t make a lot of moves other than Stafford. You were wrong, accept it. And ffs, try and comprehend the topics being discussed lately. You just did it again.

• Like Like x 1
  4. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    Do we know his hand size?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Ummm.....Draft picks, and possibly players lost...plus paying the guy.. Come on....You know the dang difference. FA....you just pay the guy...not trade away picks, players, and pay the guy. I would say a big difference. :shrug:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Sorry. Disagree. You can't sign that many players....especially pro bowlers, and SB MVPs, and say they didn't have anything 2 do with it. Same with Tampa.
    If they didn't then why do sign all of them, and the Rams ones are off the top of My head. I bet I could find more.

7. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    You have to pay him regardless if he's a free agent or you trade for him. You said you're getting a guy that their team didn't want. Not the picks and all that. And yes you give up picks but every single gm in the nfl would give up multiple picks for a franchise qb. They do it for unproven guys in the draft so you think they won't for an already proven nfl guy?

8. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Yet Sean mcvay thought had they had a competent qb they'd won the sb a few years ago.

• Like Like x 1
  9. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    You asked the difference. I told You.
    :shrug:.
    If You don’t know the difference in Drafting a guy with one pick, and paying him basically peanuts compared...2... trading multiple picks,players, and paying a guy money that will automatically count big against the cap......Well....I don't know what 2 say.???:shrug:

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    So Bengals should trade Burrows away???? LoL

11. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Burrow is a competent qb lol. He's not Jared Goff.

• Like Like x 1
  12. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I was talking about how teams move heaven in earth tod raft guys. Like the nines just did last yr. So if teams are doing that for an unproven guy why wouldn't they do it for proven guys. They already do but I'm just saying. And good qbs count against the cap. Just a part of the game.

• Like Like x 1
  13. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    sony michael was a huge pickup for the rams. he helped get them in. even when their starter came back they ran sony. he got that running game clicking. :cool:

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I understood the topic just fine. There is absolutely nothing I posted that was wrong, so you're making that up. The rhetorical tactic works better if it is accurate.

You were wrong about the Rams and didn't know about the Bucs. Regardin the Rams, moves during the season count no matter how much you wish they didn't. The Rams probably don't win it all without Beckham and Weddle. The former had a huge first half in the Super Bowl and the latter was calling the defensive signals and making plays when it counted most.

Regarding the Bucs, even in the post in which you acknowledged that you would have to look at the moves they made, you insisted that it was getting Brady that won them the Super Bowl. Sorry, it wasn't just that. They rebuilt the offensive line and added Gronkowski and Fournette. Those alone were huge parts of that team's success.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011

He knows Watson is coming to Pittsburgh :hehehe:

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. SteelerNole

SteelerNole Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2019
    Honing his Tok Tok skills.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I still would rather have Jordan Hicks.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. SuperSteelers

SuperSteelers Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2018
    Hell No! I hope the Steelers are not dumb enough to mortgage the future of the franchise for Watson.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  21. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    No you don’t understand the topic. STD (sorry STD, not trying to call you out but to explain to Scribe) said that the Rams made way more moves than just Stafford. They brought in one free agent, Jackson and re-signed three of their own as well as trading one for a 7th rd pick.

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/lists/rams-free-agency-offseason-moves-grades-2021/

Then they added Miller at the trade deadline which as I said already, was a good move and then picked up Beckham and finally Weddle for the playoffs. You are greatly over exaggerating his importance to their SB victory and claiming they probably don’t win the SB without him and Beckham is laughable.

Regardless, this is not an exuberant amount of moves, they added 4 players that weren’t on the team before Stafford joined.

As far as Tampa, you are nuts to think it wasn’t due to Brady. Or do you believe that Winston would have led them to a SB victory?

22. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  23. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I think you're missing the main point. Would they have won their respective sbs without the other pieces they added besides the qb? Possibly. Especially the rams. Most of that same team was in the sb 2 years ago. There though is a very good chance they win those sbs without those other guys they added. There is ZERO chance they win those sbs without the respective qbs they added. That's the point. The qbs were the main reason they won. Why do teams give up more compensation for qbs compared to any other position? They effect the game far more than any other player.

24. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Exactly. Team sport but without Stafford and Brady, Rams and Tampa don’t win the last two SB’s.

25. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Yep, you’re right. Without adding those two non-running QBs they’re just playoff teams, maybe not even that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1