1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

NFL Anti-Steeler Bias

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelerBark, Sep 4, 2016.

1. SteelerBark

SteelerBark Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    So Randy Gregory gets a 10 game suspension reduced to 4 supposedly for his commitment toward sobriety. And Bell just gets a one game reduction in his suspension. Frustrating.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    They didn't have to even reduce it to 3, I'm grateful we got that.

I stuck up for Bell, figured he must have some iron clad reason, apparently all he had was his "my dog ate the homework excuse."

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    Harrison just got fined too. Saw he was a pin cushion

4. 08SteelCurtain

08SteelCurtain Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2015
    Oh come on. There's not an anti-Steeler bias, just a ****ty commissioner. Let's not play the victim card especially considering the NFL clearly values this organization.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    And the paranoia runs deep...

darcrav can fill in the rest :smiley1:

6. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012

7. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Actually, I was going older

Paranoia strikes deep

Into your life it will creep

Buffalo Springfield

8. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Sorry, I have no sympathy for Bell...........

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    I'm just confused how Martavis Bryant gets a full year for essentially 2 failed drug test? This is only his 2nd suspension and for only weed nonetheless. But Gregory can beat on females and fail drug test and get 4 games. Tom Shady and the Cheatriots can cheat the whole league countless times and get slaps on the wrist. Organization needs some type of death penalty.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    No wrongs make a right. Idiots are idiots and pay an idiots price, be it our uniforms or the next... Can argue the degree of punishment all day long and maybe have an actual case, but bottom line is if people aren't idiots they don't cost their team.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. SteelerBark

SteelerBark Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    As the OP, I'm not sticking up for Bell's poor judgment. Even though I could care less if players smoke dope, rules are rules, so violators should be receive appropriate punishment.

I have two issues. 1) There seems to NEVER be any consistency regarding suspensions...seems more like how the wind blows and what kind of mood DamYouRoger is in. 2) Gregory gets his suspension reduced by six games for good behavior and commitment to sobriety. Well, then tell Bell he could do 100 hours of community service and get his suspension reduced by 2 or 3 games.

EDIT/Addendum: Just now saw on NFL.com that is was misreported that Gregory won his appeal. He is currently still appealing and his 10 game suspension still stands. If so, this thread is moot and my bad. Pardon the interruption and carry on...

Last edited: Sep 4, 2016
  12. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Maybe it's the commitment to sobriety thing?!

13. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    No worries. I think it's still an interesting thread to bring up, though.

I think there's consistency in the punishments in the sense that there's a system they follow, but the way that punishments are accrued in cases of repeat offending make it often seem out of kilter.

There is also an issue about what is deemed a major or minor offense, which the Ray Rice case exposed.

14. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    ALL IN ALL
    It provides an US AGAINST THE WORLD Attitude on the team.

15. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I've made a commitment to sobriety and I've been sober for 105 days....not in a row or anything ...but in total....:drinks:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  16. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    NICE! I read in the paper this morning that the 4 game suspension was for something else and doesn't affect the 10 game suspension. ?

17. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    not bad for 20 years congrats

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  18. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    All of the other 31 team fans say the steelers always gets preferential treatment, personally I dont think the steelers get picked on by the league or the refs, or receive any special treatment, some people just like to play the victim card.....

• Agree Agree x 4
  19. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    Jesse Ventura said this is a huge conspiracy not well known by the general public. Through the NFL's hatred of the Steelers, the government plans to time travel, announce the arrival of aliens, open tours to Area 51, move everyone to internment camps and take control of our drinking water all in the name of the Illuminati. In turn, the Illuminati will secretly video tape the Steeler's workouts so that the Patriots can win another Superbowl. Why you may ask? Jesse says because the Lizard people like Tom Brady! Who woulda figured?