1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Next Year's Back up QB?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by NorvaSteel, Jan 17, 2012.

1. BLACKnGOLDsince72

BLACKnGOLDsince72 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I think all that means is that their contracts will take effect with the team under the new collective bargaining agreement that kicks in come March but not exaclty sure. Like you the only reason I posted the link was because I did see where the Steelers signed him but I didn't know much about him. I figured there's probably someone on here who follows A&M football enough to know whether or not the guy has REAL potential.

2. TheWanderer

TheWanderer Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Fun to watch - but would you want a QB like him to take over after Ben is done? Ben's replacement, if we're to continue dominance, is most likely going to come out of the 1st round. As much as I'm amazed that someone like Brady came out of such a low round, I wouldn't want to take my chances on one of those picks ending up a franchise QB.[/quote:1iaca818]

which is why i have been pimping brock osweiler from arizona state. he's coming out as a junior. if he were to come back, i'm confident he'd have a huge senior season. the only reason he bolted after his junior season, is because the only guy in pittsburgh less popular than bruce arians took over the head coaching job at arizona state. todd graham is taking his "high-octane" spread offense to the valley of the sun and it doesn't allow osweiler, a pure pocket passer, to play to his strengths so he figures his draft stock could only drop if he were to stay for his senior year. osweiler would be a steal in the mid-to-late rounds. for a team that doesn't even have a backup qb under contract, i would love to see us draft the kid. he's 6'8" AND mobile. his accuracy is insane. he sticks throws and can make all the passes deep and short. further, he's a great kid and a tremendous leader and worked under qb guru noel mazzone (who works with the nation's elite - tim tebow last year - to prep them for the combine).